My Protector | Teen Ink

My Protector

By BiabuTyke PLATINUM, Broomfield, Colorado
BiabuTyke PLATINUM, Broomfield, Colorado

"You'll find the right guy someday. One day he'll come along, sweep you off your feet and you'll be fine." -Noah D.

Can't seem to grasp how I can love someone without even really knowing them, except I do... I know him in my dreams... That's where everything happens, it can be a nightmare one minute with Wayne and then my knight in shining armor appears and makes me feel better... butterfly kisses on my eyelids and unknown bliss of a reall kiss... my heart feels the love that he seems to emit... but then I wake up and all is gone... Why do I love him? I seem to not know, except that he appears in my dreams, and takes care of everything... I don't see his face anymore, only his searing hazel-green eyes, and midnight raven hair... he's my protector, night in shining armor, and a mystery man... I try to put a name to him, but it changes every time I think I have it... and he slowly fades away into the night... when I wake up in a cold sweat tears on my cheeks, throat in a dry scream stuck in my mouth it's almost as if he's there telling me to go to sleep and he'll make the nightmare dissapear... my dreams are my escape, where everything is relief... He carries me in his arms where I can feel his strength and his warmth. I wish I knew why I love him... for I can't even see him, but I just know that he's out there---somewhere... but for now I just have to keep on loving all that he gives, and protects in my dreams. So many secrets that are hidden, but I'm determined to reveal, I can't stand the waiting, but I'm not desperate... I know he'll find me... Things are not what they seem, but that's why I just have to dream...