Misplaced Perfection

Wave at me, as if you know me, as if you feel my pain;
Call to me, as if you ever loved me? Cared? I know you must feel ashamed;

You say “I love you, do your best” but I know you mean
“Do MY best, fulfill MY dreams.”

Have you ever considered me? My wants and my dreams?
No, you continue to kill me slowly;

You say I could care less, ignore my apparent misery.
Let’s face it, I’ll never amount to what you want me to be;

I know I’ll never be the joy in your heart, the sparkles in your eyes,
But you will never know how hard I always tried;

Misplaced perfection, I know this story all too well,
“It’s not you, it’s me.” Just be careful, liars burn in hell;

You know you can’t, so don’t try to change me.
Just let me live my life, being the best I can be;

otherpoet said...
Mar. 10, 2012 at 11:10 pm:
The first thing I like about this poem is the different ways it can be interpreted. I really think you put a lot of your heart into this poem, I really enjoyed reading it!

xxtennis13xxThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I ADORE this poem (: I do like to criticise, however; The second stanza doesn't rhyme!!! The first rhyme is so perfectly formed that it completely threw off my rhythm with that missing rhyme, and it made it harder for me to get back into the rhymes again afterwords. The 'misplaced perfection' part was my favorite, scuh a beautiful oxymoron! Good work! Check out my poems?

Paramour13 replied...
Nov. 30, 2011 at 11:31 am :
Thanks again!! :) Haha, I know what you mean, I'm sorry for that :/ and I would love to check out your work! :)

xxtennis13xxThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Nov. 30, 2011 at 5:55 pm :
I suppose it does rhyme, with the right rhythm haha, I think I'm just too picky.

B-ArtisticThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Nov. 17, 2011 at 10:07 am:

good....

but i would like you to write a song....

from the viewpoint of your father also..

Paramour13 replied...
Nov. 17, 2011 at 11:12 am :

Thank you!...

That's a very nice suggestion. I would love to do it, but I don't know that I could find words to say..

bright_promise said...
this is good ! i get it completely. as if to say, someone wants YOU to do what THEY want you to & that what you want doesnt matter . this happens a lot in life . 

Paramour13 replied...
Oct. 24, 2011 at 11:42 am :
Thanks! I'm glad to know that others can relate!! :) I actually wrote it about my father who makes me feel like nothing i do is ever enough.

bright_promise replied...
Oct. 24, 2011 at 3:07 pm :
this was a great way to express that feeling !