Last Years In Time

So many years pass by in time.
Live life much like a star does; make life shine.
Rush them or not is the choice of an individual.
Imitate a rose; its thorns allow life to be lived in denial.

One's action affects the majority of the world.
And one's heart is overjoyed while butterflies swirl.
The river flows and concluded as a waterfall.
Excite me; life causes strife when it's dull.

The colors of the rainbow determines the emotions that one feels.
Annihilation causes bubbles to pop and transform into tears.
Protect me like a panda does to its bamboo.
Live the last years in time anew.

MoonCake said...
Oct. 19, 2011 at 11:05 am
I'm sorry, I don't think that poetry is meant to be straight forward. If that is the reason why people write poetry, they should write a book instead because if you knew poetry like Shakespeare did, or like any other great poetry writers, you would know that poetry should NOT be meant to be straightforward. Was Shakespeare's poetry straight forward? I'd be laughing on the floor if you said they were. Poetry is anything you want it to be. If you knew the definition of poetry, you would know that.... (more »)

changeable said...

I liked it...especially the panda/bamboo comparison. :)

And Kelli... I don't think that just because someone is new means they have to take a straightforward point of view. Just my own opinion though.

Kelli B. said...
This was very good....maybe try going towards a more straight forward point as you are a new member. But other than that it was very imaginative.:)

MoonCake replied...
Oct. 19, 2011 at 11:09 am
Poetry is not meant to be straight forward. Tell me why you think it should be. Because according to the definition of poetry (search it online), poetry can be ANYTHING. Poetry doesn't even have to rhyme. There are many types of poetry and most poetry by the great authors like Shakespeare did not have a straight forward thought. If it were straight forward, we wouldn't have to study poetry. So unless you can back up your reasoning on why you say that it must be straightforward, then please ... (more »)