Who will go for me? | Teen Ink

Who will go for me?

September 14, 2011
By GoldenEagle SILVER, Ahmedabad, Other
GoldenEagle SILVER, Ahmedabad, Other
8 articles 0 photos 10 comments

Favorite Quote:
Those who joyfully leave everything in God's hand eventually find God's hand in everything.


I have infiltrated the dark and approached the seized,
I have battled with the light-less vacuum to rescue the confined,
The darkness left its prey and the prey left me,
I wonder if the sun would ever ask “I burn for you, who will burn for me?”
I wonder if I should ask who will go for me.


I have entered the deep blues to hold the entrapped,
I have swirled in the whirlpool with the watery helixes surpassed,
The waves left its captive and the captive swam out with glee.
I wonder if the waters ever asked, “Whom do I drink when you drink me?”
I wonder if I should ask who will go for me.


I have rammed in the structures with solo presence,
I have filled in voids with together essence,
The void found its fill but the filler encountered a void.
I wonder if the bricks in buildings ever asked “I fill the buildings, but who will fill me?”
I wonder if I should ask who will go for me.


I have zoomed into the interrogative fire to accompany the puzzled,
I turned all queries into concord and kept the puzzled muffled.
The situation turned a dot for the question mark to flee,
I wonder if the answer ever asked “I am I to you, but who is me to me?”
I wonder if the answer will ask me “Who will go for me” when I ask “Who will go for me”.


The author's comments:
The protagonist who voices himself in this ballad is a person who has been a helping hand to one and all. He has rescued people (of course by God's grace) from various hassles. He is a guy who had walked several extra miles, giving in to his personal aims and desires just for the sake of helping others. But then, there are some situations when this helping hand too needs some help. He too is a human at the end of the day and he too needs a refuge to take shelter in. Going for somebody simply means disregarding yourself and rescuing others of any trouble. So the protagonist wonders that he has been a helping hand to all, but who will be one for him when he needs help.