The Hands | Teen Ink

The Hands

By TheEldritchPrince SILVER, Stockbridge, Georgia
TheEldritchPrince SILVER, Stockbridge, Georgia

Logic is not flawless

Those hands, I can't forget those silly, delicate hands. Always spinning and dancing and cutting away, spinning and dancing and crushing away, twirling and whirling and warping around and away. I can't imagine how to get away. Every time I close my eyes they come back. Any peace of mind I gain is lost within their image. No escape, I can’t escape, nothing can get me away from those dancing, enthusiastic, delicate mechanical hands and their diamond encrusted fingers.......

More creepy fun from me. This actually is part of a character I thought up, maybe I should do more poems describing him.

on May. 1 2012 at 3:01 pm
Kestrel PLATINUM, Warrenton, Virginia

-There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy. (Shakespeare, Hamlet)

I agree! I'm not sure why, but those both came to my mind as well. It was a very pretty mental picture, though.

Chrysaora GOLD said...
on Jan. 8 2012 at 1:36 pm
Chrysaora GOLD, Providence Forge, Virginia
This was very descriptive. It doesn't have a set pattern, but it has a certain thing about it. It reminded me of someone playing the piano, when you say dancing and spinning and such, although Edward Scissorhands did come to mind as well.

on Jan. 8 2012 at 1:34 pm
NightGoddess17 PLATINUM, New City, New York
i really love the amazing imagery here, but i dont exactly understand because i dont know who ur talking about, sorry. however, i love the imagery regardless. :)

on Jan. 8 2012 at 1:24 pm
marissadele PLATINUM, Danbury, Connecticut

"If you know how you feel, and so clearly what you need to say, you'll know it. I don't think you should wait. I think you should speak now." -Taylor Swift

....There's something about this poem that just made me want to read it. It's not the best i've read, but there's something about it, something really good and unique...when you described the character in the poem, the first image that came up in my head was Edward Scissorhands :P i'm rating this 5/5...only if you write more about this character ;) i want to hear more