Witness

Black wing snaps
Cracks
Still air
Sick and dry
With the heat of seven summers

Thick black sole
Taps out memory's tune
On gritty pavement dark with rain

Firefly
Waltzing through corn stalks
Doesn't mind a thin black cat
Who's lost

It's almost 4:00 here
Which means you must be asleep
By now

PaigeStreet This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Dec. 26, 2011 at 1:00 am
Thanks :D I'm all about the lovely and the mystical.

Dec. 26, 2011 at 12:58 am
Atmosphere. Good word. Thank you :)

MoraleAsh said...
This piece has a really mystical air and I like that. Great job with it. Again, very strong imagery.

sophza said...
Wow, that's really vivid imagery! I got a clear feeling of the atomosphere.

LifesIllusion said...
Totally random! But it is so good. Everything you wrote I can picture in my mind with such epic detail. Great Poem! 5/5 stars

leafyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Nov. 19, 2011 at 9:29 am
Random? Slightly, but that's good. The flow? Amazing. Imagery? Excellent. And yah, the picture seems like it was made for this poem. 5/5

Steph0804 said...
I really like the flow of this! The descriptions are vivid too.. Nice!

PaigeStreet This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thank you- that certainly means more, coming from you!

Branden N. said...
I found this very interesting. The picture and the poem seem to have some sort of connection, at least to me... One of the most interesting I've read, honestly. 

Thank you. I was lucky to come across that picture, as it has everything to do with the poem. 

CarrieAnn13 said...
Truly, this is really random.  But I like it!  I really have no criticism, so excellent work!