Thoughts in Life

Pecking
Strutting
Laying
Standing,
These are the acts of a chicken.
As I crouch and watch them
Go about their daily business
I never cease to ponder the question:
Are they ever curious as to what
Is beyond their wood and wire cage?
They seem so content with
Living in a single spot.
Memory must not matter
Because bored they never seem.
Pacing
Sighing
Rushing
Thinking,
These are the acts of a human.
As I perform these mindless tasks
I wonder why it is so hard.
Contentment is a rarity
Passing only on occasion.
Never am I satisfied
With my daily routine.
No matter how hard I try,
I constantly wonder
What is beyond my home.

necciThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 19, 2012 at 9:38 pm:

interesting

tealbirdThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Nov. 2, 2011 at 9:06 am:
Although this poem has a cute and witty exterior, on the inside i found it to be extremely repensive. Very nice work!

Love.Hate.Passion. said...

Great , descriptive , thoughtful , intelligent :)

5/5

ArchimedesWhiteThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oct. 3, 2011 at 6:49 am:
A pretty good poem. I can see this being in a poetry book, but just not one i might read. Sorry, even though this is good, this isn't my type of poetry...

ChocoMint replied...
Oct. 3, 2011 at 5:06 pm :
Understandable.  =+)  Everyone has their own opinions.  Thanks for reading though.  <><

TheWordSmith said...
I really like this poem! And... I just wanted to say that reading that God and Jesus are your heroes on your bio, and seeing the suggestion you made on a forum that it is better not to date until you are ready for marriage, is really a breath of fresh air amongst many worldly posts/stories/etc. that I have read. <>< God Bless! 

ChocoMint replied...
Sept. 29, 2011 at 5:01 pm :

TheWordSmith, 

Thanks so much for your encouraging comment!  It is wonderful to know that someone took notice of what I said and even partially agrees with me.  I know exactly what you mean about all the wordly posts out there and that's why I try and make mine known! God bless you as well!  <><

CarrieAnn13This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Wow, this is a great poem!  I've actually wondered about the same thing. :)  I really have no criticism for this.

ChocoMint replied...
Sept. 17, 2011 at 5:44 pm :
Thanks guys!

Skylight said...
This is so true! I've wondered that myself, actually. Good job! :)