A Cup of Coffee

Little ripples of white cream
as I blow across the surface
bubbles, floating outward
toward the inside of the cup
popping on contact.

In my mind
the bubbles
mold into little tiny ships
in a little tiny sea
exploring the boundaries
of their little tiny world,

And crashing into the walls that surround them.

Emiri said...
I like the literal meaning of coffee and then teh imagination's view of coffee in this. heh heh...it's a fun poem.

ButterflyKiss said...
This is a strange, yet interesting way to look at a cup of coffee. I'm looking at my Starbucks coffee with a new perspective now. :) Good job.

RyanTyler said...
Oct. 4, 2011 at 10:34 am
Wow, now I want to drink a cup of coffee and I don't even like coffe.

CarrieAnn13 said...
Wow, this is excellent!  I really enjoy the simplicity of it in the beginning, then the twist at the end.  Great work; I have no criticism!

ItsAshMal This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is gorgeous. I love the imagery and simplicity of it. It's so interesting ot look inside people's heads. The twist at the end was also lovely & unexpected. 

IreneEYtonKratzThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I love how you take something simple and transform it into something meaningful. It shows we can find greater insight anywhere in the world if we only look

Saphirra said...
Sept. 15, 2011 at 11:33 am
Coolio! It's really original and I love the descriptions! Really great job! :D Keep it up! :D

Steph0804 replied...
Sept. 16, 2011 at 2:09 am

Thank you for the compliment!

And sorry for my harsh comment on your piece (Peter Pan from a New Perspective). I feel really bad because you gave me compliments, and in return I said your writing is bad. 

Saphirra replied...
Sept. 16, 2011 at 6:54 am
It's alright, I forgive you.  I know you trying to help :D 

Steph0804 replied...
Sept. 16, 2011 at 7:46 am
Thank you. You have no idea how relieved I am...

Thief_of_your_heart said...
Sept. 15, 2011 at 8:20 am

I have never heard of some one describe coffee in this way before. Although it's alittle blunt it was great!

Good job! :}

Steph0804 replied...
Sept. 15, 2011 at 8:35 am
Thank you for the compliment! And yes, I do think it is sort of blunt... thanks for the criticism as well!