The Raven

In a small town
on the edge of nowhere
lives a raven
the color of night
with a white spot
like the moon
on top of his head

He’s a bit lonesome
the cursed one
he’s known as

With his observant and perspective
eye,
He witnesses every happiness
every misery
of the townspeople
and it becomes his own
in a way

He is intelligent and wise
and carries with him
a sense of upliftment
that inspires others

With his talent of bringing people together
he united three girls
and now he has companions
who follow and adore him

And together they began their adventures
And start to see life in a new way

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 12:14 pm:
  WOW, even though I don't know much about him or you yet; this truly made my eyes water..... Firstly the purpose: dedication...And secondly: the story. I'd definitely like to know it in full though, that is of course if you don't mind. Raven is very lucky to have such friends. Are you friends in real life or became friends on Teenink, and the second last part that says he united three girls...How?? Man, I'm so so curious about this whole story. I hope you don't thin... (more »)

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
today at 12:18 pm :
Gosh, I do sound insane! LOL.... Please don't mind. 

ShahiroThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 21 at 5:12 pm:
Nice tribute!!! Raven is quite a lucky and inspirational person!! I LOVEEEEEEEEEE the third stanza!!     ps. Pleaz check out my work! =D

IamtheshyStargirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Awwww, what an amazing tribute :) Raven is an amazing individual indeed, very inspirational. 

Aderes47This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Sept. 17, 2011 at 8:54 pm :
Aw, Thank you. :)

IamtheshyStargirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Sept. 19, 2011 at 4:59 pm :
You are very welcome, Aderes. 

Jun. 24, 2012 at 2:33 pm :
I have a question. Do you have twitter?

Jun. 25, 2012 at 11:44 am :
Nope, I don't.

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

My dear Aderes, he does love it! Oh how he does!

You seriously don't know how much this means to me, and how delighted I was to receive such a poetic gift. You seem to have reached, whether you knew it or not, quite a lot of truth during the first half of the poem. The second half then, made me smile a wide smile, and happiness perched quite happily on top of my head. :) Thanks so so so so so much! You're a wonderful poet and friend.

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Sept. 13, 2011 at 6:03 pm :
What did you intend with the bit about being cursed? I loved the description, and it's kinda true, but what did you intend, I wonder? (If you don't mind telling me, of course!) Was it about 'me Raven' or the raven?

Sept. 13, 2011 at 6:13 pm :
It was about the actual raven bird, before I wrote this poem I googled stuff about ravens. I wanted the poem to be authentic both to you and the actual raven bird. I'm so happy you enjoyed it! :) Really, I am. :) :) :) :) :)

savetheplanetThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Nice!  I'm sure Raven will love your tribute!.  I still need to write him one, but I've been so busy I haven't had the time.  For the first time in months I don't have work waiting to be posted!  But it's good, I love it!

Sept. 11, 2011 at 5:14 pm :
Thanks! This poem was inspired by a combination of raven's personalty and a raven's characteristics.