Coward...

Like the coward I was I stood with the living. Like the coward I was I laid among the Dead. Waiting for my enemies to pass over me. So when darkness came I ran away, not to be counted where I lay.

midnitewanderer said...

I like the format, but the concept is also pretty great and thought provoking=)

Check my stuff out? Maybe some tips?

Thanks and Keep Writing!

billlover420 said...

this is very good :D i love what u wrote <3 u are a very good wriiter i hope u keep it up

if u could check out mine and tell me what u think i would very much apperciate it

Anonymous_7 replied...
Thanks for the comment! I sure will check it out.

connsgirl This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
for you not to write poetry very much, you gotta nack for it :) lol, i really liked the depth of it. i even went back and re-read it like twice to take it all in :) nice workkkk:)

Anonymous_7 replied...

Thank you very much! That means alot.

connsgirl This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
welcome smelcome :)

silver47 said...
okay.... xD where did you learn to write like this maybe you could read my stuff and give me some help xD please? :)

Anonymous_7 replied...
 Thanks. But I dont think you can learn to write, Its kinda just there. But a book that really helped me was    "Writing Magic" you should check it out. 

14jespax said...
Besides the spacing thing that previous people have talked about, I really liked your poem! It was really interesting. :) 

Anonymous_7 replied...

thank you for the comment!

Blue4 said...
Sept. 25, 2011 at 11:59 am

This is really nice work, but if it's poetry, putting everything in one big paragraph is a big no-no. Expiriment with lines, read it out loud to hear a pattern that you like. I really like the feeling of it, though, and the message as well.

Could you read my poem "Deceit" (repetetive, I know, but in case you see this first...) and tell me what you think? Thanks.

Anonymous_7 replied...
Thanks for the advice!

iamonecoolradiator said...
This was really haunting, but in a good way! it definitely creates an effect but maybe you could space it out like the person before said and you could even extend it slightly, though the length it is does leave you thinking about it.

Anonymous_7 replied...

Thanks!

emilybwrites said...
Sept. 9, 2011 at 8:45 am

this is pretty good...it had a good idea if you know what i mean. i think you should space your lines differently...like:

Like the coward i was,

I stood with the living.

Like the coward i was,

i laid with the dead

...and so on and so forth...

but other than that i love the myterious feeling!! i know my poetry has a lot of that mysteriousness so i say gooo mysteriousness!!!!

Anonymous_7 replied...
I hey thanks for the advice. Im not very good at poetry and this makes more since.  :)