Just Another Night Light | Teen Ink

Just Another Night Light

September 1, 2011
By KitMittens BRONZE, Loganville, Georgia
KitMittens BRONZE, Loganville, Georgia
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"We are the unholy.We are the bastard sons of your media culture. Our minds, eyes and bodies were born of your exclusion, an illusion you hide behind. You don’t love a God, you love your comfort. To you we are filth, we are dirty, so be it. We are dirty and unclean, a congregation of the unseen. Together, we will set this world on fire.
This is the New Religion.


Amen."
-Andrew Dennis Biersack


At night, there is a light in my room.
I know it's just a light, but I like to pretend it''s something, else.
Sometimes, it's magic. Something to fight off all the monsters hiding in the darkness.
At times, it's a fallen star, that has fallen thousands of light years and landed in my domain.
And it's a path, a pathway to Heaven, where I can see the long gone and the long forgotten.
And then, it's a portal. One that drags my down to the endless flames of Hell.
Sometimes, it's a person. She asks me why I have all I have. "You don't deserve it, you're nothing."
And, sometimes, it's just a light.
And that light keeps me guessing.
It keeps me forever searching the caves in my mind that seem endless.
It keeps my searching my memory for something good that I can hold on to.
It keeps me sane.


But, I never forget, it's just another night-light.


The author's comments:
I thought of this while peering out my window one night.