Boomerang

You threw your wrathful
Boomerang at me
But dearest, blindest
Did you listen to me?

What goes around
Comes back around

Your boomerang hits you
Straight in the face
Inevitably
Blinding pace
You see it coming
But you don’t turn down
Your bloody words
Pin yourself into the ground
Dear, you’re meeting your fatality
Gravity pulls you down to reality
The words from the mouth
That taunted me all my life
Each pain is thrown back at you
Each a razor-sharp knife

What goes around
Comes back around

Someday I knew
The wrath you threw
Would come back around
Knocking you
I twiddle my thumbs
Waiting for that day
I survived your chain hold
But I’m amused when I say when I say
Your days are numbered
Ending at last
You wrathful boomerang
Comes back around at last

Alycia.This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 26 at 9:47 pm:
Love the repetition of "what goes around comes around" and the imagery that was used. Fantastic!

RoyalCoronaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 23 at 8:26 pm:
I really like this poem! I could see this being sung like a song! Great job!

_Zavery_This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
today at 5:41 pm :
Thank you ! =) 

mnm08This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
You should write poems more often! This was great, I think the best part is how its so simply written yet the meaning is strong and it makes the poem so sophisticated. 

Nov. 1, 2013 at 5:33 pm :
thanks so much =) it means a lot

Carly_ElizabethThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 18, 2013 at 12:57 pm:
I love the hidden meaning in this peom. And I agree with CarrieAnn13 that the imagery is very good. And I adored the part where you said, "I twiddle my thumbs, waiting for that day" It made me laugh.  :) 

Nov. 1, 2013 at 5:33 pm :
haha thanks =P means  a lot  

CarrieAnn13This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I absolutely love the vivid imagery you used: "Each pain is thrown back at you/Each a razor-sharp knife."  The boomerang as a metaphor for what goes around comes around works really well, in my opinion, as well as the repetition of "What goes around/Comes around."  It feels almost like a song. What I like the most, however, is the raw emotion I can feel in your poetry.  Some poetry just falls flat, yet I can feel the anguish and the satisfaction of seeing som... (more »)

Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:05 am :
Yeah, guess it sounded like a song since i wanted to add a beat to it, haha. glad u liked it xx