Incomplete

I think of you
When I’m alone
When I’m surrounded
When I’m happy
When I’m sad
When I’m without you.

I hold on to that
Last hug
Last smile
Last laugh
Last sight
Last moment with you.

I count down the
Seconds
Minutes
Hours
Days
Weeks until we’re together.

Because without you
I’m incomplete.

RedFeather said...

(Smiling slightly) I don't know how to start. This poem is beautiful in its way. You have a distinct writing stlye in your poems, I've noticed. It's very relatable, yet at the same time, I find this poem rather sad, but that's probably just me and my own pesky memories. Anyone else, I'm sure would think of your poem in a brighter light - probably a soft yellow or pink-tinted light that's not bright, but not so faint that it doesn't light up the area around it.

savetheplanet replied...
Thanks RedFeather! I like the idea of it being a soft yellow color :).

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
It's such a pity that the word "sweet" has begun to mean 'naive' and 'childlike.' Anyway, this poem made me very happy, and I liked its devotion and its... love, because it's describing one of the things most worth living for. Beautiful, Liz. The Raven now wears a tear on his eye. :)

savetheplanet replied...
I think is my favorite comment from you Raven, it's so heartfelt.  It is a shame, sweet it such a pretty word.  It's the same for the word love, it's so overused that it almost ceases to mean anything.

IamtheshyStargirl said...
Awww, this is beautiful :) It's so innocent, perfectly simple in a way appropriate to the subject.