Have you lost hope? | Teen Ink

Have you lost hope?

By dustinleestormpuckett GOLD, Ste Genevieve, Missouri
dustinleestormpuckett GOLD, Ste Genevieve, Missouri

"Happiness is a firecracker sitting on my headboard. Happiness was never mine to hold. Be careful child, light the fuse, and get away, because happiness throws a shower of sparks."-The Fray

If you are down and afraid, just hoping for your HOPE to fade. Until the end you worry of the truth, that eventually they will find someone new. You want to explain your intentions, but your shrivelous works have made their indentions. I can't fix this all and make it right, but I can stay with you through the night. I am not going to tell you more than once, but once you lose hope they have already won. Your hope is the fiber of your sanity, and I know this seems to be today's calamity, but I havn't told you this yet, that in mere time you will forget... Just what has happened here, regain your hope and lose your fear, the past is the past and you are here now, at the gates with a trembling tear, with a big smile from ear to ear. You know you have made it home from that dreaded shack, to where you no longer have all these burdens on your back. Let them loose, and come to me. I will promise to always follow thee.