I love you | Teen Ink

I love you

August 21, 2011
By Mickie1234 BRONZE, Sacramento, California
Mickie1234 BRONZE, Sacramento, California
3 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"People are always telling me that i'm not like other girls...that i dont dress like other girls...that i dont act like other girls. But i'm my OWN person...i go to the beat of my own drum."
— Miley Cyrus


I play the memories in my head of that first kiss, you grabbed me by the waist, dipped me as if we were acting out a scene from a movie, then you kissed me. Everyone wanted a picture they all said it was so cute and amazing. Do you even care? Then my memory brings up the time that we were at the park until 7 at night. It was just me and you, alone; half the time in our own silence the other half talking and laughing. It’s implanted in my head, this memory because it was the best day of my life. Do you even care? Do you care how much you mean to me, how much you hurt me? No, I don’t even want to know. I just want to know did you ever really love me? The best parts of our relationship I have implanted in my head so deep that it seems like they are happening right this second. I know you don’t care, I know you have moved on. But that’s what hurts the most knowing that everything we shared is gone for you, completely forgotten. To you I’m just an old video game broken, scratched and forgotten, maybe even in the garbage, where for you I will forever stay. But to me those memories are in my heart crossed out by a knife that spells out 3/7/11. Normally I would close up that part of my heart forever but I can’t because of the impact you have made on me. You probably don’t understand any of this you probably never did, no one does. Nobody understands me, I’m a mystery but even I know that if you take the time to put together my puzzle that I call life you’ll never want to leave because it’s so intriguing, heartbreaking, and full of amazement but, I guess you’d rather take the easy way out. Instead of taking the time you walked away instead of telling the truth no matter how painful you did what I hate the most. I wish I was like you I wish I could just walk away from everything and lie my way out but honestly I don’t want to because that would mean I gave up on what we had and that was the best part of my life the ‘us’ period. The period I’ll never forget. I love you Forever&Always!


The author's comments:
this is just a poem to an ex boyfriend explaining how I feel.