Freedom

I hear voices in my head. They won’t go away. They scream at me with snarls getting louder and louder until I feel like my head with explode. I try to keep going, but the voices hold me back. I end up huddle in a corner sobbing until my body trembles. They say things like: you’re ugly, you’re stupid, go kill yourself no one will care, why do you even try? I start to break down. The voices are right. I can’t take this anymore. I stand at the top of my stairs. It’s a long way down. I spread my arms out like a bird getting ready to be free. I let my body fall face forward. I’m so numb I don’t even feel it. My body flips down the stairs with delicious release. I lay at the bottom in a pool of my blood. I don’t hear the voices. I let out my dying breath with relief and close my eyes in eternal sleep.

wordlover27 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 27, 2011 at 8:08 am:
It's really well-written but it's so sad... :( Just wondering...how is lying in a pool of blood freedom though?

shaune43 replied...
Aug. 29, 2011 at 11:40 pm :
Thank you. The person is free from hearing voices because they are dead. They don't know or care that they are lying in a pool of their own blood.