The Institution

Where is the rainbow without the rain?
Where is the pleasure without the pain? 
Well without you I'd probably just go insane 
They 'd lock me up in a mental institution 
And give me novacaine to numb the pain I'm in
It'd be a sin if I lost you
Almost like you're the loss but there would be no win 
And come to think about it did you change you're PIN?
I haven't been able to contact you since I checked in 
They said I was here for a reason but I didn't understand why
When they locked me in this room they said they heard me cry
They said I was delusional and you were never coming back 
Now that right there is a joke I'm going to go pack
They say I'm going to crack any second now and possibly loose my mind
They say I started loosing it when you stabbed me from behind 
It killed me when you hurt me so I decided I should die 
That's how I got in this joint because I started to try
I miss you more then ever now my only friend is a fly 
He's on the wall when we talk until he says goodbye
He leaves when the doctor comes in they inject me with this pin 
Although God didn't say so I think it is a sin 
Because when it is jabbed into me thats when monsters start to crawl 
They told me to get over you and then I started to bawl 
My friend is back now he is on the wall 
The doctors said I can give you this letter when I return in the fall 
You have to meet my other friend Paul 
I think that's his name 
Mr. Fly and his friends all look the same 
We always play this game 
It's called who can disappear before the doctor chooses
I'm usually the one that looses 
They let me see someone today I mean an actual person 
She's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen
And her name is Irene
She says our flies talk to each other and her boyfriend stabbed her too
We might have to break up now because its what time will do 
I need you to know I love you though and I'll see ya very soon 
Hugs and kisses from the Institution
From You know who.

Proud_To_Be_An_AmericanThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 26, 2012 at 9:29 am:
Wow this is good, it sucks you in when you first start readin' it.  Good job, Triumph!  

PurpleOreo4This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 22, 2012 at 6:37 pm:
Wow! I was hookes with the first two lines. Nice job this is really, really good. Keep writting!

TriumphThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jul. 22, 2012 at 7:09 pm :
Thank you very much!

torilutz8 said...
Mar. 27, 2012 at 8:18 pm:
I love this!!!!!! Keep it up this is awesome!

TriumphantThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jun. 12, 2012 at 3:10 pm :
Thank you soo much! 

U2_Fanatic said...
Jan. 2, 2012 at 10:43 am:
O_O WOW! That's pretty amazing! I love the flow of the words, especially the end!

Jun. 12, 2012 at 3:10 pm :
Aha, thanks, I don't pay attention to word flow too much. Glad you liked it though. 

thefamoustapper said...
The beginning and end flow really nicely, the middle could flow a bit better. Otherwise i love it. Great work!

Jun. 12, 2012 at 3:11 pm :
Sorry, if I ever do a revise of this poem I will be sure to take that into consideration :)

MsAnonymousThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
wow this poem really made me believe in what the the poem says. maybe rearranging syllabes will help it flow better but other than that i like it alot!

Jun. 12, 2012 at 3:42 pm :
Yes, I'm thinking of revising it, I'll take the syllables into account ahem I do

MissSarahLeah This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Lovely, sad, but lovely. Nice work.

Jul. 22, 2012 at 7:10 pm :
I don't think that I intended it to be as sad it has a happy ending though :)

Anna-ee said...
I think it's amazing. I like how you described what the other people thought and how you sen the hugs and kisses. cute.

Jul. 22, 2012 at 7:12 pm :
I wrote it as if it were a letter, but it rhymes enough to be a poem :P

JamieNicoleThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Love it I feel the same way you just described in the poem.

Jul. 22, 2012 at 7:15 pm :
Thanks, it's true, love is a hate/love relationship.

Lexie96 said...
I really love this poem... I think that you really captured what it's like inside those walls! Great job!

Jul. 22, 2012 at 7:14 pm :
Thanks, I did check it out :)

thetruthawaits94This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
whoa! this is great! wonderful job! loose should be lose and looses should be loses. other than that, you did great, no other critique! :)))