The Others

I can see
their shadows
and hear
their murmurs.

They whisper
their secrets
softly,
in my ear.

They complain
that I am
the only one
to listen to them.

They wander
the earth
moaning
for eternity

If only
I could
help them.
If only

JamesODalaigh This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oct. 23, 2011 at 7:57 am
Excellent. Please keep writing.

emilybwrites replied...
haha thanks:)

Anonymous_7 said...
great job. This makes you think, I like it! Sorry to advertise but could you check out some of my stuff and comment/rate? thanks!

Timekeeper This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I like this a lot, it really fits in well with your other work, you could definitely write an excellent collection of poetry.

Garnet77 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 23, 2011 at 8:07 am
This is pretty good. I like the format and the image this poem instills. Well done :)

Inkling said...
This is really interesting! I love the image I get in my mind when I read your poem. Keep up the good work!

emilybwrites said...
yes! i did mean to leave it like that, i should have put a period at the end it would have made more sense, sorry to confuse u!

emilybwrites replied...
shoot, i was replying to tothesea, whoops!

TotheSea said...
Nice!  Did you mean to leave the last line like that? "If only"? Not that I'm objecting.  It's a very unique way to end a piece, and leaves you hanging/wanting more.