7 Days | Teen Ink

7 Days

Every one is talking about how there is going to be the end of the world coming, on December 12, 2012 people say the world will end. Well that is in 7 days. People are partying, doing things they want to do before they die. But not me.

Day one: Today I am going to a funeral. My brothers’ funeral. And it is all my fault. We were driving home and if I had saw that car wouldnt’t be here right now. All of his friends and our family are here for him. All because of me.

Day two: He was sitting in the passenger seat looking at the light. When the red arrow turned to green I move forward not seeing the car. It slammed into the car. Seeing the windshield cracked I look over at my brother. His heads oozing blood form a gash in his head with peaces of glass in it. I nudge him. Not moving at all I knew he was dead from the still breath and how much blood he had lost. And while I was crying I was thinking, it is all my fault. Sitting straight up, sweat dripping off my forehead. I was heart broken that dream is going to haunt me for the rest of my life.
Day three: As I make my way down to the study I see the computer. As I wiggle the mouse I see my brothers e-mail, he didn’t logout of it. As I was going to log him out I see he had a lot of unread e-mails. So I read one. It said,” Hey you never called me or e-mailed me back, you all right?” then I was thinking, he doesn’t have any friends that I don’t know about? So I was thinking maybe it was from the girl from his trip to Iran. He helped people there, and he helped a girl that was suicidal. So it might have been from her. I read a few more, “You haven’t replied to any of my e-mails, so on December 12 I am going to jump off of the Brooklyn Bridge if you care you are going to be there, thanks but if you aren’t then Goodbye. Love, S” How am I suppose to tell her what happened? Well, I had to rush over to New York in 4 days.