Puck Farm

Puck Farm, to you, may just be a place
To me it is where my Nana lives
Where my cousins, uncles, and aunts gather
And when I was younger,
Puck Farm was filled with magic and adventure
My cousins and I defeated dragons,
Captured forts
And fought in great water balloon wars
On Christmas Eve we would wait for Santa
To visit us in the night

Now that we are older
The dragons lay dormant
The forts are abandoned
And the water stopped splashing
With every year the magic is waiting
And I hold on,
To the magic of Puck Farm

.Izzy. said...
This reminds me a lot of Puff the Magic Dragon. This poem makes me wish I was young again so I could relive those kinds of experiences. Good job!

MagicMan2011This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Sept. 15, 2011 at 6:46 pm :
thanks im glad you liked it

S. said...
Liked it it was showing how some things lose their magic as we grow older :) 5 stars

backyardheart said...
Very lovely. It's a personal poem, yet can still speak to anyone who's ever had a sacred childhood place. The childhood magic versus the mature perspective on Puck Farm is a nice touch. Great work.

Sept. 27, 2011 at 8:55 pm :
Thank you! that's what i was going for

leafyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
i like this, and yeah, its a bit cute, but you can also feel something behind it too. the flow is also nice, keep up the good work!

Aug. 23, 2011 at 9:12 pm :
Thanks! I really tried to capture the feeling of a perfect moment as a kid in this and how it changes as time goes on

cowgirl4ever replied...
Aug. 26, 2011 at 8:27 pm :
I like this and I can relate to it a bit.

shadowriderThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This was fun, and adorable. I liked the flow and message. Very cute, and yet I could feel the meaning behind it. Great job!

Aug. 23, 2011 at 9:09 pm :
Thanks Im glad you liked it

MagicMan2011This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
When I wrote this my grandmother was try to tell everyone why she wouldnt sell puck farm. When she read this she was over joyed to see that someone understood why.

MoraleAshThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This is really cute :) I understand what you mean by missing your childhood!

thetruthawaits94This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
i really like how you are talking about your memories. i dunno, it just comes across with such emotion and has great realism to it. i agree that maybe you could expand it a bit. describe what you did some more, but the simplicity is also nice. so it is up to you if you get some inspiration on this and you want to add more or not. i also think you could add some commas at the end of the lines to seperate the things you did, it might help the flow. Overall, GREAT job!!!!! :)))

Aug. 21, 2011 at 10:19 pm :
When I first wrote this I was thinking about writing short stories about my time there and this be a prologue so that might be why I didn't add more. Thank a lot for your tips though and your review it means alot to me.

thetruthawaits94This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Aug. 21, 2011 at 10:34 pm :
Yeah. i completely see this being a prologue! I think that this is a wonderful poem! Glad i read it. :)

fubbeguts said...
i think some figurative language in the beginning would have helped the beginning a lot. right now it feels like you're just stating what happened but if you add more imagery it could help a lot. what i mean by imagery is talking about how clear the water felt in the water balloons or how the sun felt on the back of your neck or the pride you felt when you captured that fort. hope this helped and could you read my poem? it's the only one i have on my profile.

ohheyyyelli said...

I think the beginning could've used a bit more flow, but overall it was good. I absolutely love the last verse!

This kind of reminds me of my poem "Forever Friends".
Good job(:

Josie_Jo said...
Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:43 am:

Honestly, I have no criticism for this. :) I think that the flow of the poem is very nice. I can tell that this poem definitely holds a lot of emotions.

Great work! ;)

dark_armor1This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:42 am:
could be a little more flowy but other then that good job!

Garnet77 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 19, 2011 at 6:16 am:
I love this! It definitely feels exactly what a childhood should feel like. I can relate :)