Peace, My Darling | Teen Ink

Peace, My Darling

By Katie_Potatie PLATINUM, Leavenworth, Kansas
Katie_Potatie PLATINUM, Leavenworth, Kansas

There are no regrets in my life; because there is no time for mistakes. -(ME) Katie quote

As I breathe in the air that surrounds me, I wonder. I simply wonder. I wonder why the grass is the popping green color it is and why the sky is oh so blue. I wonder about life, the Earth, and Jesus. I wonder what my purpose is and why I am here, but then I drift off into a less dense area of thought. I slow my thoughts unti they are merely floating in my brain. I let the meaningless thoughts race past the inside of my eyelids in a rush to get nowhere. I watch each memory slowly as I meticulously analyze every piece. Nothing is simple now. Things begin to creep from the depths of my mind all the way to my fragile soul. I feel the tears begin to gradually form within my eyes as fast as the rivers flood into the sea. I know nothing. I feel nothing. In all honesty, I am nothing. Nothing compared to the overwhelming power of Mother Earth herself. We, as a society, as nothing but ants in this crazy world and I am proud to be an ant; a meaningless, insignificant ant roaming the path that I have been sent down without a mere detour in case of construction. I am lucky enough to be put on a road, though it may be rough, rocky, and full of traffic. Life may never be simple and my path may never be easy to travel on, but I am content with being measly and practically non-exsistent. I open my eyes to notice that the tears have dried and the dark thoughts have floated away silently. Finally, I am at one with life. At last, there is peace.