the color yellow

yellow
harsh and unwavering

like the sun
bright and glaring

blinding and painful
caution tape

headlights
unforgiving

unyielding
shamelessly bright

mocking the miserable
daisies sway

a boy is dead
yellow lives on

faking happy

that’s what yellow is to me.

Harebelle This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow! At first it seemed like you were just describing a colour, making the last few lines especially powerful. The short lines make this poem a fast, intense read!

writingchick This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I'm so sorry about your friend. Writing helps me too. My friend Nikki was shot by her boyfriend. I wrote a poem about it and it's on the website. It's simply titled "Nikki". On a happier note I liked the poem (: Would you check out some of mine??

dancestar said...
that was really just amazing! it was very original and very meaningful gud job!! plz check out my work!!

Laura_Oliver said...
Wow...Maybe in a different context this poem wouldn't work, but now it totally does. Keep writing (and check out my poems, like "True Colors" PLEASE!)!!!

SeerKnowsBest said...
This was inspiring. Deep, and i'm really sorry about your friend

Eqrider This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I love how this isn't just a poem about yellow daisies and sunshine, etc. You really put across a very strong emotion. Very original and memorable!

SunkistKisser said...
Aug. 14, 2011 at 10:02 am
Love it! It's sweet with a dark side. :)

Olwyn said...
Aug. 14, 2011 at 7:28 am
This is beautiful, it really sums everything up about a hit-and-run. I love it.

Melyangely V. said...
Aug. 14, 2011 at 1:48 am
This is really sweet! :3

_Zavery_This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This is cute, I love this!   X)