Skinny Love | Teen Ink

Skinny Love

August 5, 2011
By Uniquerose94 BRONZE, Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Uniquerose94 BRONZE, Lancaster, Pennsylvania
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"you can find yourself amongst all the chaos if you just look beyond your own insecurities."


I can not love well without you near me. You see you’ve created such a hole in my heart that I bleed internally for that one speck of hope in your eyes. I ache for your touch, whether against this bony cheek or these trembling knees. You wrap your scent around my body strangling me with your beauty. Encased in this moment of clarity that you bring to my life, this soul is too weak without you here. I turn to my broken memories that force pains in my stomach, which has been empty for days.No telling if I can arise from this shallow grave, which I’ve been trying to escape since your chilling departure. My bones shine like a flicker in the night teasing me in every waken moment you see you were my rock in which I can lean on you saved me from this disease of anguish and pain. I breath because of you and I have lived because you were the one that saw me through all my flaws…and it was beautiful.


The author's comments:
The title is from one of my favorite artist Bon Iver and his song Skinny Love.