The Words Of Reality This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Today I’m trying to find my voice
My pen sliding around the paper

Making the words I’m too afraid to say
Daring the world to not accept me

For my voice, although far too small
Is writing who I can’t be

And the sad thing is that I’ve found my voice
Buried between these familiar horizontal lines

And just as if I say it,
I hear the words that I’m afraid of

The words that make me cower in fear

The words of reality

And of those who just don’t care

draya said...
i think this poem is very good and the best so far this reminds me of my feelings

AlexisNicole822 said...
This is absolute truth for me, and I can very much relate. My voice is within my words. Very well done!

whitetiger303 said...
I feel like i can really relate to this poems sometimes. Its all true if you reads behind the lines. Its really good. Almost reminds me of some of my poems.

babygirl195 said...
I think your poem is good

CHEERspirit said...

i love it. it was awesome,keep it up :)

miss.snw said...
This really can relate to my life certainly, and lots others. Thanks for writing something like this.

Izzy=) said...
i know how u feel exactly, to be in a place where u feel u cant express the way u feel because u fear punishment...im with u

Sherie said...
I wanted it to be longer. That was great, I totally understand it, I adore your writing.

Barokien This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I agree with the other readers, I feel like this poem is very relatable. But I also feel like it can also be expanded upon a little more. That way, you can flesh out a little more of what you're feeling. =)

simplyalone said...
this poem is so meaningful and deep. its very relatable.....i'm at lost for words.

Shadow.Girl said...
That is my favourite poem on here and trust me i've read alot of them. i think it sums up alot of people's lifes when they dont have the words to explain how they feel. i know it's not easy to write poems but i find they come easily to me when i'm unhappy. i could tell you to keep writing but you should just write when somethinq comes to you . dont force thouqhts out of yourself. this poem is absolutly amazinq !

blunham2oldstn said...
This is really good. (: I like it a lot.

bri.bee replied...
Nov. 19, 2009 at 11:52 am
very nice. it explains so much of the way i write, the way i am