A figure of the night

He’s a figure of the night, come to sooth her desire. But a savoir? Hardly…yet he does seem to comfort. Fire ignites, passion erupts, a dream like dance between two bodies, both forcing each other to that moment of bliss…

Seconds turn to minutes, minutes turn to hours, and as quickly as he arrived, he’s gone, leaving her only with a kiss to her forehead and a simple “goodbye”. She feels numb, emotionless…ghost-like, yet deep in her heart is the small hope that the day will come that she can call him hers and she’ll be claimed as his one and only.

Time goes by and nothing changes. Could it have only been a dream? Just a lovely fantasy? A screen lights up displaying his name, butterflies flutter, her heart skips a beat, a wide grin spreads across her face and she speaks

…Hello…hey, I miss you…what...wait…not like this…but you promised…CLICK

Her smile fades, heart slows and the butterflies die leaving nothing but helplessness in their place

He is a figure of the night, come to sooth her desire. But a savoir? Hardly…

miracle_of_hope said...
this is very well stated but a bit unclear

MoraleAshThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 30, 2011 at 9:27 pm:
Wow I love this!

ZAPPPPPPPPP said...
Jul. 29, 2011 at 11:36 am:
really amazing! The prose are really good, and purposely confusing, that makes it really alluring. :)

luvkittehz8PThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 28, 2011 at 2:40 pm:

This poem is beautiful! I love how it shows the flip side of all that seems fine. It sounds like a story, but it is poetic. =)

more »)

DanealleThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 26, 2011 at 8:55 pm:
I think this is border line story and poem. But I love the way this is writtern! The drama, the passion, the pain! Wonderful :)

JessicaShari replied...
Jul. 27, 2011 at 9:30 am :
Thank you =)

secretlypoetic said...
Jul. 26, 2011 at 9:27 am:
This is very good, but a little too much description, and not enough explanation. It seems more like a story than a poem in some places. Other than that, I really liked it!