I will remember

Those joyful moments in the schoolyard
and those delightful talks in the class,
I will remember oh dear friend
the time that went away like a fast moving wind.

Those long walks to the mall
and those melodious screams in the fair's teacups,
I will remember oh dear friend
the time which in my mind so endearingly surround.

Those crazy poses for a picture
and those triple seat rides on your scooter,
I will remember oh dear friend
the time that'll always remain for me a trend.

Those excuses we found for a hangout
and that different world we found together,
I will remember oh my lovely friend
that time and world which no one can ever offend...

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 29, 2011 at 1:31 pm:

Such lovely memories...

"I will remember oh dear friend." Remembering is such a gift, even if everyone else forgets.

A_shy_dove replied...
Jul. 31, 2011 at 7:34 am :
You are just right raven. Remembering brings back the time which we crave for, if not in reality then in our minds. It can make us happy in the same manner as if it were real and was happening in front of us. I dedicated this for my close friend and gave it to her as its time for us to separate. Separation is hard sometimes...

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jul. 31, 2011 at 10:07 am :

How kind of you! It really can be difficult to part.

In a few days, one of my friends (who I've known since early elementary school years) is about to move very far away, and I doubt I'll ever see him again. I'm still struggling with the concept of saying goodbye.

A_shy_dove replied...
Aug. 1, 2011 at 1:53 am :
May I give you a suggestion if you do not mind? You can also dedicate a poem to him. I think it will make him happy. Just like mine made my friend happy. It has happened to me a lot of times. The only difference is I have had to move all the times. This time too, its me.

Aug. 1, 2011 at 10:28 am :

Ah yes, always a great gift.

I'm very grateful for your words.

A_shy_dove replied...
Aug. 23, 2011 at 8:26 am :
Well I am greatful to you for commenting.... because your comments make me very happy.