The True Voice Beneath the Others

The oracle predicted doom
The rebel spoke of lies
The quivering lips prefaced teardrops
Dropping from the eyes
The bishop mumbled ‘heresy’
The prophet shouted ‘truth’
The beggar lamenting all the while
Whistling through his missing tooth
The fire foretold ashes
The storm suggested rain
The cough, so quiet, hinted at
Long nights of sweat and pain

But your face, that blossom,
And the radiance thereof
I saw your face
And heard it speak
So quietly
Of love

-leafy-This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Dec. 22, 2011 at 11:07 am
My eyes well up, not it sadness, but in the joy of so great a feast I have finally encountered. Your words do not quench my thirst – instead I crave more, and must delicately sip and chew more of your craft.

Aderes18 said...
I love the story to this. And the poem is indeed very exquistic. I think your are the best writer I have ever read on Teen Ink. I mean that! You have lots of potential. :)

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...

That is, simply put, an extraordinary compliment.

I don't really know how to thank you...

Aderes18 replied...
Sometimes I don't know how to thank you either.

Boosflash This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
haha. see here now captain. this is the part where they put you in the mag. or not? how dare. i do though love the rhymism.

I wish.

Teen Ink is afraid to put me in their magazine, because I am so extreme-i-ly rebellious and daring. No, the Silent Raven walks his own path; he doesn't need the approval of the man in the chair.

Boosflash This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
ah...I see. nevertheless recongnize my son, that you have earned it above all earnment.

Jul. 23, 2011 at 10:52 am
Much thanks, oh timeless one. I only work for your approval...

hmm...it seems life has cheated you captain. though i am in lovement of your workage.

savetheplanet replied...
Sigh, I do believe that most of my tagged favorited articles are written by you. :D I liked the different "voices".

Aug. 9, 2011 at 11:22 am
Oh, good! The Raven has his proud moments, and one would be now.

savetheplanet replied...
And I am honored to have been part of your moment, O High Raven!

Bowing gratefully to all of my subjects, "thank you. Thank you. The pleasure is mine." Nah, I'm just kidding. We're all kings together.

IamtheshyStargirl replied...
(Oh my gosh, that was my most favorite comment of yours ever! Mayn't I quote you on that, Raven?)

savetheplanet replied...
Or queens!

Aug. 10, 2011 at 9:54 am

Of course you can, Stargirl. It is with delight that I hand my words over to you.

Yes, yes, indeed, savetheplanet! We don't want to leave them out, that wouldn't be cricket. Is there anything I can call you besides savetheplanet? If not, I shall have to come up with a fitting nickname.

savetheplanet replied...
Hmm I'm rather curious to see what'd you come up for a nickname for me.  How about this, you propose some nicknames and if I don't like any of them I'll give you something to call me, deal?

It's a deal, I'll give it a good think.

savetheplanet replied...
Think long and hard, it's rather unfair because I have such high expectations of you ;) JK.  I just want to see what you think of.

Aug. 11, 2011 at 10:01 am
Oh, erm, I'll have to ask you to promptly lower your expectations. :) I'm an all right poet, but nicknaming isn't really my thing. I name things from first impressions and from traces of what I know of the subject. How about something simple... Nevah, Hazel, Tireswinger, or Lorax? I know they're not great. :)