Stuck and Unstuck Love This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

We were two birds stuck
On the wire between the telephone poles.
We were perched
Just far enough so our wings could not touch.
Sparks danced between us,
Sizzling on the electrical wire,
And all we could do was gaze
Into each other's beady eyes.

But when we did,
We felt like we were soaring
Above rooftops, and treetops, circling each other
But we were two birds stuck in love
Our feet gripped and could not ungrip
We could not scoot closer,
We could not shift farther.

We looked at each other,
Sorrow in our black eyes
As we began to realize
There was no point in wasting time.
For we were two birds stuck in love
Our talons grew tired from gripping,
Our hearts became weary of wishing,
And we little by little accepted the heartrending truth.
We could not scoot closer,
We could not shift farther.

Until one day,
A gusty wind came
And toppled our telephone poles
That had once held us in place.
We could stretch our talons.
We were two birds unstuck and free.

I flew and flew and flew away,
So shocked that I was unhandcuffed
Until I found you flew another way.
And it was with the freedom that the
wind finally gave
That I lost the love I had always meant
to save.

WithPenAndScript said...
You were right they were sort of similair! This piece was so...poectic and descriptive and metaphorical...All the things i love :)

JoPepperThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I really really like this I wish I had words to saay how much I liked this!!!!!!

thetruthawaits94 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Aug. 3, 2011 at 4:55 pm :
Thanks so much!

JoPepperThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Aug. 3, 2011 at 5:12 pm :
You're welcome, I added it to faves!!!! Keep writing!!!! :))

Aug. 3, 2011 at 5:14 pm :
You're welcome I favorited it!!!!! Keep writing!!!! :D

Aug. 3, 2011 at 5:52 pm :
wow! Thank you ten times more! haha. That is so awesome. I'm glad you liked it so much! :)))

Aug. 4, 2011 at 5:35 pm :
Anytime!!!!! :))

GangstaEyes This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 2, 2011 at 9:36 am:
Wow. This was very well-written and powerful! Even being about birds, methaphorically, I can relate much more than I'd expect to. Great job! :)

JerseyGirl716 said...
Wow... That was amazing. Very, very relatable! All your metaphors were perfect and really added depth to the subject. Great job!

Jesusfreak78 said...
Jul. 29, 2011 at 4:45 pm:
Very good I have to say I the meaning went over my head until i looked at your explnaiton lol but that's just probably me.

Jul. 29, 2011 at 5:01 pm :
yes, it's super metaphorical. It's a poem you really have to think about to understand. you can't just scan it over and get it! :)

baller4evaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 26, 2011 at 8:18 pm:
I really like this!!!

HaleyDRog. said...
Jul. 23, 2011 at 6:50 pm:
This poem is amazing and the theme is incredible! I loved it. I can tell you really used your heart! Keep it up!

ams98 said...
Jul. 23, 2011 at 6:41 pm:
wow....i love the metaphor:) it is an awesome poem:) i cant wait to read more!

gigi01 said...
Jul. 22, 2011 at 11:15 am:
Wow.... very good... I especially like the last line... it perfectly ends it! Great job:)

.Izzy.This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 22, 2011 at 11:06 am:
Loved the metaphor with the birds! "Just far enough so our wings cannot touch" - Such a relatable feeling. Good job!

hanging_girl_666This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 21, 2011 at 10:30 pm:
I love the ending. Just astounding. really. 

leafyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 21, 2011 at 8:26 pm:
i love this poem so much! my eyes are tearing up (well, actually, that's because my contacts are messing with me :) ). but still, its well written and you can feel the pain, even if it is coming out of a bird.

NinjaGirl This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 21, 2011 at 8:25 pm:
Aw, this is carefree in a way, yet sad. I know how you feel, although I haven't been able to get past the "obstacle" yet. ;)

Hazel-daisy This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 21, 2011 at 7:09 pm:
this is amazing, nearly made me cry! i can relate really well! its written really well and i like the feel of the poem and the words used. i like the way you use birds awel, 5/5 :)