I Love You | Teen Ink

I Love You

July 11, 2011
By Brittany Givens SILVER, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Brittany Givens SILVER, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Your light blue eyes melt into mine, as I think & hope constantly that this isn't the kind of love that burns out.
But instead, the kind of love that has staying power & the potential to last forever.

At times, I can't help but dream of you. I know it's quite silly, but fate has chosen separation for us at the moment.
It's the memories of you repeating in my head, whether you're aware of it or not, that keep me going.
It's these dreams that occur as the moon sheds light down on me, scaring the darkness, & at some point shine down on you too, that keep me alive.

I long to hear that beautiful heartbeat, as it dances in your chest for me.
To hear you whisper my name & tell me ever so sincerely, "I love you."
Is that really so much to ask for from reality?

Every time I wake up, I find myself grasping tightly to your presence; emptiness.
The beat of my heart becomes slow & steady, almost as if there's no chance for it to go on.

But with this great deal of pain, I have no regrets, because I love you.
That's a promise to you from my heart, & that promise will simply not be broken, but will continue in your favor.
Though, I do wish that I didn't fawn over you throughout the day, reminding myself of what I'm missing out on due to circumstances I can't control.

I'm on the other side of a bridge now, eager to cross. But possibility does not approve yet.
So I swear that if we keep this bridge rigid & steady, I will soon be able to reach you, hug you, kiss you, & tell you that I love you again.