LEMON BLOSSOMS

My hand, and fingers
wrap around a soft white cup.
Inlaid, in gold is a dragon.
Swiftly my mouth parts at the rim,
taking in
a warm liquid.
It tastes bitter and strong;
as my tongue and the tea
dance together for just a moment.
It is cool to my surprise,
and from the back of my throat
creeps the scent of lemon blossoms.
Sweetly rocked by a breeze
then laid on the earth.
It makes me remember
a time;
when I was a little someone
all alone in the world.
A little someone
flying with the blossoms of spring.
I can not see now
my eyes are fogged and gray.
They have been worn by joy,
and by the light cheerful soul
which once danced among the lemon
Blossoms.

zhlenThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 4, 2012 at 12:26 am
I like it, the imagery is nice, but the title is what caught my attention.

RoselieaOak said...
Nov. 30, 2011 at 2:45 am
Very nice! It has a refreshing feel to it. :)

BrokenBree said...
I really like this! Great job!

Im--NOT--RayynThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I like the breezy feel this poem has. The ending was sad, it made it sounds like you (in the poem) had gone blind. Had they?

samiasaskia24 replied...
what do you mean? That I went blind? In the poem yes, not in real life though.

Im--NOT--RayynThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Yeah I was asking about real life, haha. Good to know that I was right in the interpretation! :D

Eirias said...

I don't have a whole lot to say about this (right now--I've gone into some of these saying that and then writing a page) because this is a little more all-over-the-place than I'm used to, and in this type of poem almost all changes really don't affect the poem that much, as these are mostly just words floating in the ether. That said, I will now begin:

Stanza 1:  "my" instead of "and," put a semicolon, colon, etc. at the end of the line. "Wrapped" instead of "wrap." ... (more »)

samiasaskia24 replied...
Yes you were harsh, and I am not going to make the changes because this is my stile of writing, also, I am not offended. Thank you for commenting anyhow, it was nice to see what you think.

ohheyyyelli said...
i love your choice of words and i liked the imagery[:

CarolynQ said...
I loved how you put together the senses, I want some tea now :) I like what your saying in the poem, very different.

silver_ice said...
you use such great mood-words in this poem! by the time i got to the end i felt like i could taste lemon tea :)

inkblot13 said...
Jul. 20, 2011 at 8:01 am
I really liked this, my favorite lines were "I can not see now..." until the end. It kinda reminded me of how we all have to grow up sometime, whether that be mentally or just by aging. Great job!

gigi01 replied...
Great poem, this is very interesting... nice imagery!