I Will Take These Burning Branches

I will take some burning branches
To build a shrine unto its eyes
As they sit among the ashes
Of your shadowy demise
Soon they’ll be sending us packages
All wrapped up in fragments of glass
And the light
O that light!
That golden-orbed light!
Will look like it came from the furnace of night
Or the dawn of the comfortable past
When the snowmen come
They are carrying
Blankets full of ice
And their crumbling faces tell me
That they live upon the dice
For there are children to please
While the flurries are gone, but the winter presses on
Hence, their place in the breeze
Ha, I would like to see you try
To organize my mind
The audience collapses
The oak felled by a vine
Preserve the remnants of the city’s fall
I speak before the solid wall
Please remind the murderer
That his mother is a porcelain doll
Her stare is cutting through me
But numbness eats up pain
She is a child of witchcraft
A prostitute of the brain
It’s crazy out there
But that’s why we care
About preventing the death of our king
It’s silent out there
And that’s why she cares
About the circle of her wedding ring
Do not let go of whatever you have
Or it will drift away
The body will dissipate
The lame donkey will bray his broken bray
Follow me if you want to
Though I’m just a figure in the dark
We can hide beside the fallen trees
And whisper with the meadowlark

-leafy- This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Dec. 22, 2011 at 11:28 am
O Wondrous Fearhery Bard, how your words soothe me. What was your inspiration for this one?

BoosflashThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
actually, i just finished reading the whole thing and it is wuite dashing. i do love the last stanza. MUHAHAHAHAH.

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jul. 24, 2011 at 11:59 am
Why the evil laugh? Quite a villain, you are, at times.

BoosflashThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
oh, its just the intensity captain.

Sometimes the intensity's so intense that all you can do is run right up the wall. No way anyone can sit still in times like these.

ofcoursism. do notice the footprints on the ceiling.

Jul. 27, 2011 at 10:16 am
Run run run, as fast as you can. You can't catch me because I'm a GIANT TALKING BIRD!

Ignore that, if you wish.

. replied...
Oh no no no.that comment lends itself to the mental evaluation

The mental evaluation won't be needed. I'm already very much aware of the state of my mind.

HasntWrittenInages W. replied...
You, being the only one;therefore are not curious. Everyone else must be like "huh?"

We're all insane. If everyone else wants to say "huh?" and doubt my sanity, that's there business. I can say "huh?" and I can say it poetically, and doubt the sanity of those who judge me.

. replied...
_____________________________ K.

yeah, uh... hellp and this is awesomable. while looking at all your work it was that it had occured to me that you are very talented. i dolove your use of rhymism in all you stuff. itwould be conducive for you to do your dance at the time which is now. i do wish i had the inspiration.

Jul. 24, 2011 at 11:59 am

The inspiration is with you! That's how you are so very masterful with your Boosflash-ness. It's really quite incredible.

The Raven likes his little rhymes.

it is nince of you to say that, yur commentiosm is more consistent then my writism.

Aderes18 said...

Very beautiful. :)

Reminded me of the poem giants, Edgar Allen Poe, Emily Dickinson, Robert Frost...etc

Wow, those are three of my favorite classic poets (as well as Ralph Waldo Emerson, though he writes essays more often). I'm happy to even be mentioned in the same paragraph as they are!

Aderes18 replied...
I like them a lot too. :)

IamtheshyStargirl said...

"Swing your hips, loose your head and let it spin/And we will look together for the pan within."

A Waterboys song; your author's comment in particular reminded me of it :)