Boredom

At two o’clock
In mid-July
I go with my mom to Costco
To watch the other teens
Who came with their parents.

Mtrench7809This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 8, 2012 at 12:19 am:
Actually I've never gotten a summer assignment before and I'm not sure if I ever will and I don't really enjoy returning to school because although I like to learn it's usually just boiled down facts that we've been taught before. But the bigger reason why is it gives me time and energy to explore literacy and have the ability to write down stories as soon as I get the ideas for them and not forget them before I get home. I'm reading your work and I really enjoy it, keep writing your work is rea... (more »)

KatsKThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 20, 2012 at 3:32 pm:
Yeah. I was disappointed when I found out that for the honors class, there was no summer reading. Not that it matters; I'll spend it reading anyway. I like how you described the congregation of teens, all secretly wishing they had something to do.

4qui133 said...
Yes! someone who understands that summer is a time to mourn the loss of knowledge, not party and dread the return of real world responsibility. I spent my summer waiting for school to start too. lucky for me, i had summer reading.

rage_against_the_machine said...
I like how short this is, sweet and to the point. And I must admit, I used to do that out of boredom. But now, its more like I drive myself there haha.

I like pie said...

I am stalking you...

Don't worry, I'm not good at stalking people. All I know is that you are a funny mormon. Like me. 

Archangel1410This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 18, 2011 at 9:13 pm:
Its a wonder what comes to us out of pure boredom.