Ocean Heart This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

is your heart like mine?
an open ocean eternally thirsting for more?
during deep orange twilight, have you ever stared toward
someone else's shore?
have you ever wished that for just a moment
the salty winds
would cease?
maybe then the rippling surface would clear,
and reveal a hidden
inner peace.

dontforget This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow! This is so beautiful! The vivid imagery is amazing. I honestly could feel waves crashing against a shore. The only part I don't particularly like is "an open ocean eternally thirsting for more". I guess I just wouldnt describe oceans as thirsty personally. But great job!!

KyleG This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Mar. 7, 2012 at 9:32 pm :
My thought was that no matter how much water an ocean has, it is always salty, and so its thirst is never quenched. 

thetruthawaits94 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
LOVE it. Seriously. By the second time i read it and I completely understood the metaphors it was amazing. i compltely understand why it made editor's choice. I love the rhyming that wasn't forced but had just enough rhythm to carry the flow of the poem along (it also ended it very nicely with that rhyme at the end). ***** work! :)