Bubble Gum and Soda Pop

So I'll hide away. I'll live on bubble gum and soda pop. I dissect my own thoughts. Re-read any literature I can find. I'll smile when I think about the life I escaped from and I'll laugh when I realize I'll never return. I'll praise knowing that father is gone and I'll cherish the fact that I'm finally alone. I'll make friends with the stuffed animals and I'll talk to my reflection. I'll sing myself to sleep with my guitar and feel special being the only two ears that will ever hear my songs. I'll look out the window upon the souls roaming the streets and I'll know I can't be hurt up here. I'll stay here forever, I only need myself. And as the walls close in around me and my brain screams for air, I'll let go and grab hold of whatever I can find. If anything will kill me it'll be MY thoughts and not HIS degrading words. And then.. My mission will finally be accomplished.

This article has 1 comment. Post your own!

Lexie96 said...
I really like this... although I think maybe if you spaced it out a bit more it would be to your benefit. Overall not too shabby! :) Check out my work sometime?