The Ocean Waves to Me This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

The ocean waves to me saying,
Hello, do you like the blues?
I bob my head to the beat saying,
Yes, I do do do do do.
I see palm trees swayin’ along
To the beach’s traditional song saying,
We like those tunes,
Too too too too too.

The cliffs rock the seashore
Asking us if we want to hear more
We bang our heads to the foamy strums
As tides crash onto the rock stars’ drums
The footprints left in the sand
Tap their toes along with band saying,
Oh yeah, Woo hoo hoo hoo hoo.

At the end of the day I was sad to see
The high tides of groupies leave
The spotlight was heading down beneath
The horizon, but that doesn’t mean
That the ocean’s dramatic melodies
Will ever stop playing under the sea

Before I go home from this harmonious place
I remember to put a few sand dollars into the musicians’ case
Making sure they know how much I appreciate
The talented entertainment of this date
I scoop up all the notes that I’ve heard today
Put them inside to stowaway
‘Til they come uncorked and start to play
Message for the next one who’s come to get away saying,
Now the ocean’s song is for
You you you you you.

betweenyouandiThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Very beautiful imagery! I love the detail, and the rythem put into this! Amazing :)!

WiseGirl said...
I love this! It's amazing! Great job!

alleykat15 said...
Jul. 30, 2011 at 9:55 am:
REALLY REEEEAAALLLYYY like this poem!!!!!! I love the double meanings and the internal rhyme in some stanzas.  keep writing!!!

thetruthawaits94 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jul. 30, 2011 at 10:50 am :
Thanks! :) I'm glad you caught onto some of the double meanings! I think that that's what makes the poem!

corallee This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 27, 2011 at 8:08 pm:
The last stanza is beautiful! I love the humor with the "few sand dollars into musicans' case" line and how you expressed the desire to pack all that happiness away.

Jul. 27, 2011 at 9:40 pm :
I put the ocean song's musical notes inside a corked bottle like a message- -in- a -bottle, so that the next one who find the note will hear the ocean's tunes too? Get it? :D Thank you so much! :)

GangstaEyes This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 27, 2011 at 8:57 am:
LalaLOVE this :) It is so cute and fun to read. LOVE the play on words and double-meanings of words you incorporated. Great job! Keep writing :)

Zildjian This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 26, 2011 at 11:27 pm:
EXCELLENT rhythm. Its so musical. And so jazzy! I dig. 

TwasBrilling said...
Jul. 25, 2011 at 9:30 am:
This is a really neat, playful poem! I like it!

HaleyDRog. said...
Jul. 23, 2011 at 6:52 pm:
This poem shows how much you love the beach. Great job!

shadowriderThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 23, 2011 at 1:19 pm:
This was great! I could really feel the beat of the whole entire poem! Wonderful plays on words! AMAZING Job!

gigi01 said...
Jul. 22, 2011 at 11:16 am:
The repetition reminded me of waves crashing on the shoreline... very creative, with an upbeat, happy, playful tone... Great job!

.Izzy.This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 22, 2011 at 11:08 am:
This is so cute! I loved how you used the repitition...it gave the poem a fantastic flow

leafyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 21, 2011 at 8:40 pm:
i LOVE this, yet again. very whimsical, but not stupid. keep up the awesome work! 5/5

NinjaGirl This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 21, 2011 at 8:30 pm:
Very cute! Great word choice!

Hazel-daisy This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 21, 2011 at 7:06 pm:
i really like it! the flow of the poem is really good  and i love the play-on-words! it seems like a song that would be played in the backround of somebody sitting on a beach looking out at the waves, i can see where you got inspiration! well done :)

ColorfulExpectations said...
Jul. 21, 2011 at 6:40 pm:
Hm....I feel like this could easily be a song. The rhythm was amazing, and the poem itself was really cute. Amazingly written. Good job! :)

followingTHISheart said...
Jul. 20, 2011 at 8:30 pm:
this is beautiful ; really likeeee the flow of it.

M.Lizeth said...
Jul. 20, 2011 at 8:18 pm:
Let me say, first of all, that this poem had me tapping my foot. You made it so that I could /feel/ the beat of the music as you described it, and even picture the beach as you painted it. This is a really beautiful and fun poem, and you have a gift. Keep writing! (:

ohheyyyelli said...
Jul. 19, 2011 at 2:38 pm:
I like how happy & cute it is!