Graduation | Teen Ink

Graduation

By CBLover SILVER, Bells, Texas
CBLover SILVER, Bells, Texas

"May the words of my mouth and the mediation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord..."
Psalm 19:14

Congratulations!
Your finally here. The day that is a mix of the last day of HS and the first day of your life. One of the many days of your life that is filled with laughter, tears, hugs, and kisses. Memories that will last forever are captured by pictures, pictures and more pictures. The realization by friends and family that you are going your separate way for a little while. Maybe we will see each other later, maybe hours, days, weeks, months, maybe even years... Your family, and your friends left behind, sit and watch you make your way down the aisle. Only a few moments left as a High School student...

Maybe you will come back to visit, maybe not. Walking down that aisle, emphasizes that you are moving on to bigger and better things. Maybe college, maybe the army, finding a job. Maybe starting a family or maybe coming back to your past and pick up where you left off. Remember, Life isn't about finding yourself, Life is about creating yourself. Its true. High School is just something to help you in your future. To make you smarter and a better person. You already think of yourself as an adult, but you have a lot of realization coming your way. Your not an adult yet, just wait and you will understand what I mean.

Getting a job, apartment, spouse, kids, yeah, they are all important roles in life, so is graduation. Your mom and dad will cry because you are leaving the nest and starting your own. They will cry along with you when you get married and have your first child... Time goes on and you will realize that life isn't what it is all what its cracked up to be. Bills to take care of, gas, groceries, its a lot of work. But it pays off down the road. You've worked hard for what you have accomplished and you're proud of yourself. "The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience." People really and truly need to live by this quote, because it absolutely true. Always remember you are the driver on the road to temptation and responsibility. You must watch for speed bumps, curves, loops and flats. But you are determined to get there and I know you are doing it for the right reason.

"As you grow up, you learn that even the one person that was never supposed to let you down, probably will. You will have your heart broken, probably more than once, and every time, it get harder. You might even break hearts too, so remember what it felt like when yours was broken. You'll fight with your best friend. You'll blame a new love for something that an old one did. You'll cry because time is passing too fast and you'll probably lose someone you love. So take too many pictures, laugh too much, and love like you've never been hurt. Because every sixty seconds you spend upset, is a minute of happiness you can't get back."

You can't spend your whole life on the safe side, or behind a wall/shield., take risks and enjoy the ride. Things take time to develop. Seeing old flames after high school and remembering that they were then and this is now. Your life is a whole lot better now. Congratulations, your big day is here. Now plans for the future are in your mind. Make the right decisions and your life will be full of joy. Be careful along the way and have fun.

This is what I was thinking when I watched all my friends and family graduate this year... and I Definitely know that people have felt this way.