Doctor's Office This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Arms folded to keep herself from falling apart,
she sits, legs swinging and twisted at the ankles,
shoelaces untied.

The tears blur her vision, but she can still see
the untruthful promise of the white coat,
the childish paintings mocking her with innocence.
She curls her legs up to her chest.

Hopeless. The word runs through her brain.
It is a lonely word. A scary word. Its teeth threaten
to chew her up, or worse,
swallow her whole.

ayeshamuzaffar This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 1, 2012 at 6:40 am:
I loved it!

CaptainFabulous This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Dec. 12, 2011 at 6:31 am:

Great poem, I love the detail of the childs fear;

"Its teeth threaten to chew her up, or worse, swallow her whole."

I deam this poem: Fabulous :D

ItsAshMal This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Dec. 12, 2011 at 8:28 pm :
Thanks so much haha! 

squidzinkpen said...
I like it a lot! You left it really open for interpretation for the reader, which I really enjoy! It kind of reminds me of the poetry we read in class sometimes. Very nice! I love your diction and the emotion behind the piece, fabulous!

youngpilot said...
I agree with your english teacher, it is very well written and definately covers a wide range of topics. Well written and overall, excellent job.

youngpilot replied...
Aug. 31, 2011 at 7:09 pm :
Oh, and awesome about the 'Editor's Choice". Looks as if we are not the only ones that think this is an excellent poem:)

Sept. 28, 2011 at 9:11 pm :

Oh thank you, I really appreciate it. But what do you mean by editor's choice?

(A bit late in my response, I know. Busy busy busy!)

Hazel-daisy This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
it's really vague i agree, but mabye thats what makes it good! To be honest its abit random if i may say! where did you get this idea? :)

Sept. 28, 2011 at 9:14 pm :
oh goodness... I guess I might as well be honest. I was having some problems, and the doctor I went to (the third that week) couldn't help. This happened to coincide with a poetry unit in English class, so when I couldn't come up with anything better, this came out. Random, yes. But I'm okay witn that.

sorlageal This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I really like how it's vague actually. You wouldn't know what the poem is referring to unless you read the title. It sounds light-hearted like dark humor.

Sept. 28, 2011 at 9:15 pm :
Thanks for reading it! Much appreciated.