A Mouthful of Wasps This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I tried to hold them in,
but they stung my mouth.
So, out they go,
atrociously swarming; hunting new prey.
When they do find one,
they show no mercy, blinding them with venomous slang.
The poor victims open their mouths to protest or gasp
which the vile insects take as an invitation –
And they are overwhelmed themselves with the infectious anger; the slanderous tongue.
By the end of the day,
Everyone has a Mouthful of Wasps.

RarelyJadedThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 10:29 pm:
I love this poem so much!! Kudos forgetting into the magazine! XD

waving_or_drowningThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Such a good choice to portray gossip I love it 

KatsKThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 5, 2012 at 9:39 am:
This is really good. This is genius. It is completely innovative. It deserves to be in the magazine.

Jappyalldayeveryday said...
This is really good and unique!

Erinnn said...
Very good!

TaoTwins said...

VERY CREATIVE! I love the idea of words as wasps..!

i hope you look into my work (:

Norma-Bernard said...
WOW!!!!!!! Sooooo good. I never would have thought of that. Check out my work?

Raytheraym said...
Aug. 1, 2011 at 12:03 am:
Great metaphor! Very well written! :)

redhairCatThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 31, 2011 at 4:09 pm:
Ha ha! That was very creative!

musicispassion said...
Jul. 23, 2011 at 11:59 pm:
great metaphor u pic great pics to go with ur poems the title caught my attention when i was looking at your work i'm glad i read it keep writing

Hazel-daisy This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 23, 2011 at 8:43 am:
i love this! and yeah i agrees amazing metaphor! its a really intersesting poem aswel! 5/5 :)

ShayleeMarThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 19, 2011 at 11:19 am:
amazing metaphor. really well done. i love it.

Cryswithaly said...
Jul. 18, 2011 at 8:35 pm:
l Love the comparison and the choice of words. Keep going! :)

StrangeJadeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 17, 2011 at 5:51 pm:
Good metaphor, and very vivid wording. :)

RFrocker23 said...
Jul. 17, 2011 at 10:25 am:
I LOVE how you compared gossiping to wasps. It's really unique and not something you'd really expect. I also enjoyed your choice of words--this poem was far less hackneyed than others.

CarrieAnn13This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 16, 2011 at 3:53 pm:
Excellent poem!  It's very true about gossip.

hanging_girl_666 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 14, 2011 at 8:19 pm:
Thanks Ya'll! And i always do FeedBack for Feedback!

WritingGirlKyla14 said...
Jul. 13, 2011 at 10:51 am:

So cool. I never thought of gossip like that. It's an awesome metaphore and well written.

~K   : )

ItsAshMal This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 12, 2011 at 8:30 pm:
This is such a great concept! I love the language and the line breaks. 

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 12, 2011 at 6:26 pm:
How very saddening! You've found a very accurate metaphor for gossip. It can be so difficult to keep secrets from spreading, or stopping yourself from talking badly about people. But where's the compassion for 'the victim?' Anyway, well stated.