I looked in the mirror | Teen Ink

I looked in the mirror

By Jageuar GOLD, Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Jageuar GOLD, Oshkosh, Wisconsin

I look in the mirror to see if I can find this girl everybody talks about. As I look at this girls strange face I move my hand to touch it. Wondering why I didn't see I see what everybody else see's. The blue eyes stare back at me showing me my insecurity. My lips are straight in thought and I wonder why cant I see that girl.

I see all my faults and problems, as I run my hands through my snarly hair. In my heart I ask God to help me see my beauty. As a beg for help my eyes get moist. I pray for the strength to push out the darkness. Pleading for the dark clouds to be lifted and let Jesus Christ blinding light fill my body. Giving me renewed strength to help me to be what I am needed to be.

When I am done praying I look back into the mirror, looking under Satan’s allusions and finding Gods child. In my minds eye I see all that Heavenly Father see's in me, All that I can and will be.

It's like I was blind but now I can see the good in the world. With new strength and determination I leave the depressed girl in the mirror and go to a quite place to praise God for helping me climb out of the hole of the darker things in life.