Childish Games

Little brother, little brother
Why do you sit in that cupboard?
It’s childish and foolish so why do you do this?
Little brother, little brother
Do you go in there to hide from the yelling of our mother?

Little brother, little brother

Do you go in there to hide from the world and it’s ugly?
Oh how I bet that is lovely…
But…it’s childish and foolish…

Little brother, little brother I have but one more thing to say
Little brother, little brother can I come in your cupboard and play?

IceFox416 said...
I love this! It's so cute, but has a deeper darker meaning. I especially love the last line. And the repetition just adds to the overall amazingness! :D Congrats again on getting published!

leafy This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Cute poem, it made me smile. I have a couple issues with it though. First, to keep congruity with the restof the poem, I'd move the line by itself to the next stanza and do line breaks after the last couple "little brother, little brother"s. Also, in line 8, the phrasing is a bit awkward and I would change it to "...from the ugly world?"

Other than those few things, I enjoyed it a lot. I like the refrains of "Little brother, little brother" and "it's childish and foolish," especially ... (more »)

ams98 said...
Sept. 2, 2011 at 10:23 am
Its really well written and i can easily realte because sometimes i wish i could go back to being a little girl and being oblivious to everything:)

Snake_Tongue said...
This is so amazing! I love it so much! :) 

Snake_Tongue replied...
Okay, just read it again ...... and love it even more? I think I might propose to this poem ... whad'ya think? :)

musicispassion said...
clever poem i love it i;m turning 13 tommorrow but i still try to do things i can't do any more like throw a fit in the store when i want a cookie or sit in the shopping cart while ur mom shops

hanging_girl_666 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
AWW!!! That is heart wrenching but made me smile!