Fly Away but Not too Far

You can fly like a swallow over the sea,
like a gull or a flock of geese.
You can soar in the sky like a raven,
like a heron or a hunting eagle.

You can flow softly like a river,
move swiftly like the wind.
You can calmly sit and wait,
like an old wise tree.

You are a secret like the night.
Bright like the day.

Everything about us is different,
but, together we are the universe;
Endless.......

megsloveslions said...
I really liked it, all the similies everything! Awesome job ;)

Taliacat13 said...

Honestly, this nearly made me cry at the graduation. Thanks for posting it here so I could read it again. :)

(Haha, now I feel all famous from being in the same class as you. I miss you, Mia!!!!)

RFrocker23 said...
This is wonderful. I love all the similes; they really added a lot.

NinjaGirl This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Is this for your graduating senior class? It's full of emotion portrayed by nature, which is always lovely in poetry in my mind. I especially like the last stanza.

samiasaskia24 replied...

not for my graduating senior class, my 8th grade. The last stanza is also my favorite I have to admit!!

It is hard to tell how old people are, and we can't say. I am always very curious!!!

emanmkhan said...
I am touched by your dedication. I love how you make the meaning linger in "Endless..." Great job!

samiasaskia24 replied...

thanks so much, everyone here has been so much help! if you get the chance, can you comment on Wild Rose. It's wierd I know, but I like to know what people think even if it is not 'the perfect thing to hear'!!

Thanks again!

redhairCat This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
That is so touching that you dedicated it to your class! I can see what you mean about going your own seperate ways, yet still staying in touch.

samiasaskia24 replied...

thank you so much for comenting on my work, I will do more of your's as well!!!!!