Typical.

Typical.
Nowadays it’s become ‘typical’ for guys to lie.
And ‘typical’ for pathetic girls to cry.
If that’s the case then I refuse to chase
After another typical boy
Just to be treated like another typical toy.
I’m not a play thing for anyone
So, if you think I am, then we’re done.
But wait a second, we never fully begun.
You’re just a typical dude
But I’m not your “typical” girl.
I won’t be fed your “typical” lies
In your made up, “typical” world.
I won’t be cheated on and lied to;
Because I refuse to be expected to cry for you.
Because that’s just what a “typical” girl would do.
And I’ll be d***ed if I’ll be your typical fool.

Shadowfoxz said...
Great Job. The repetition was in all the right places. However, do not judge all us guys as typical because of the mistakes of the majority ;)

Annabelle294 said...
I love this, and i think so many girls can see where it's coming from, and relate.

LovelyLover. said...
I love how you write about real stuff! This poem is so true; boys really have become predictable.

bay_day said...
Jul. 21, 2011 at 10:54 am
Boys really are typical!!! This poem is so great, i love how you refuse to be another typical girl. Nicely done<33

Mrs.Green said...
Jul. 21, 2011 at 10:31 am
It really has become typical ! D; Good for you for being strong and not being one of those typical girls !!

Jonah A. said...
Jul. 21, 2011 at 10:06 am
Haha, BRAVO! You seem like a really strong willed girl :D Not all guys are as typical though ;) There's a few good left that exsist

Mrs.Green replied...
Jul. 21, 2011 at 10:32 am
That's part of the problem, there's only a few good left =/ I wish more guys wouldn't be as typical as the ones this poem is directed to xP

Abby L. said...
Jul. 21, 2011 at 9:40 am
Wow. It really has become typical.! -___- Anagam is right; never stop writing. You're really good =) I think you're stuff deserves to be put in the magazine.!

Anagam said...
Jul. 17, 2011 at 9:33 am
I feel as though this poem has a lot of power. Maybe anger or a really huge opinion. Don't get me wrong :). The word typical balances it though. I like it!

Anagam replied...
Jul. 17, 2011 at 10:05 am
by the way, my favs are Typical, Superficial Expectations, A Clone for Acceptance, Daydream, Dare, and Choosing :)

Anagam replied...
Jul. 17, 2011 at 10:05 am
*Choosing Titles

LyricalBeauty replied...
Jul. 19, 2011 at 10:38 am
Thank you!!! :D It means soooo much that you actually took time to read my stuff.

Anagam replied...
no problem :D dnt stop writing k? even if pple take their time to comment ur poems can still go to the magazine!! :)))