Holding

I sit here
The phone dangling
Knuckles turning white
Won't let go
I hold on
But it's quiet
It won't ring
It won't let go
I won't let go
I can't move
The phone is stuck: frozen
I'm frozen
I won't let it go
The phone won't move
I don't let go
Frozen to the spot
Sick; need to move
Can't; won't let go
Just hold on
Can't walk away
Sick and heartbroken
Won't do anything about it
Just keep holding on
If I let go
It might go
I might go
I'll hold on

caprifox97 said...
hey this is awsome. thanks also for the comment on my artical " Flawed Perfection".

JoPepperThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
That was really good what was the person holding on to? Very good keep writing!!!!

TwinDemons said...
Aug. 4, 2011 at 11:47 am:
^-^ good poem I love it. It made you think of holding on and wondering the pain of letting go, if that makes any sense. I loved it keep it up!

thetruthawaits94 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is awesome. I read the whole thing super fast while i was holding my breath. That was how you made me read it by breaking up the lines and just the whole style. Brilliant job! It read so quick, but even still I was able to feel the feeling inside of me. You forced that emotion in just a few words running down the page. I'm utterly impressed! :)

JerseyGirl716 said...

Wow... I really, really love this! I'm seriously adding it to my favorites, this is my favorite poem I've read on this site so far! Don't change a thing; it's perfect! If you don't mind me asking, what inspired you to write it? 5 stars!

When you have some freee time, could you please check out "Wrecked" on the Writer's forum and give me some feedback? Thanks!

bEllAhOPe replied...
Aug. 4, 2011 at 7:14 pm :
I appreciate it. What inspired me to write this? This is the piece that had a lot of inspiration and feeling behind it, but admittedly, was not my finest work. It didn't flow in the way that poetic thoughts do, but it was free verse, so I let it be free. I enjoyed getting the message down, so thank you.