[FISHTANK] This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I should not like to be a
Fish
With mouth agape and far too wide
And scales of gilt and bronze and silver
Adrift in artificial tides
Acting like I am not dreaming
Of rivers wide and deep,
No legs to walk
No lungs for screaming
Eyes open when asleep.

WOWritingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Wow, really cool :)

Princess Momo said...
Dec. 21, 2011 at 11:46 am
Wow, StrangeJade! As "IamtheshyStargirl" commented, it flows very nicely. Fantastic description and immaculate imagery, if I do say so myself. Keep up the meritorious work!

Garnet77 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 2, 2011 at 1:18 am
I love this!!! It really does flow very well, and I love the rhythm. I like the imagery, and even though there's not really any deep meaning in this (or maybe that's just me?), it's still entertaining. :)

StrangeJade This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Yeah...not so much with the meaning, this one. Just about fish, really, and how it would sort of suck to be one. ;)

bookmouse replied...
Jul. 27, 2013 at 7:23 am
I see meaning... It flows really well too!

IamtheshyStargirl said...
Wow. The flow flows well, how appropriate for a fish-poem :)

Thanks! **Fun fact: This poem actually came to mind when I was sitting in the hotel lobby mentioned at the start of "Yellow Roses." Which makes it sort of a meta-poem, I guess. :D

IamtheshyStargirl replied...
Wow, cool :) I kinda sensed that in it.