Black Inked Words

Spoken words,
Whispered to the soul,
Rustled pages,
Worn with age,
Fingers flitting,
Over black typed words,
Scripted onto the page,
Perfect letter,
After perfect letter,
Of poetry,
Each stanza,
Entwined into my heart,
Like a love note,
Just for me,
Comforting or disturbing,
Silly or deep,
Sad or happy,
Doesn’t matter,
They all take my breath away,
Every emotion,
And broken promise,
Every true thought,
And lie spoken,
Spilled from the hearts,
Of poets,
To be captured,
Forever more,
In the perfectly typed,
Perfectly lettered,
Black inked words.

julian This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow, this is a stunning write! "Each stanza, entwined into my hear, like a love note, just for me." That is such a gorgeous description! I really like the depth that you put into this, and I think the flow is smooth and fluid. Isn't it great when something just lights the spark of inspiration, and voila, here comes a masterpiece!

Mystiecub said...
Aug. 3, 2011 at 9:29 am

this is a really good poem; I can relate.

Just as a kindof off-topic story, I sometimes have what I call a "Blank-Out Moment." where I'll just sit there with a pen/pencil and paper or at my computer with MW up, I'll be blank minded and writing/drawing/typing...then I'll come to my senses and see a poem or drawing and it's like..."Where did that come from?..." lol....I know it's weird I still dont understand it but I figured thats kinda what happened with this.

shadowrider replied...

Thanks!

And sort of.....

TwasBrilling said...
Jul. 25, 2011 at 9:35 am
Very true...bravo!

shadowrider replied...
Thanks!        

ohmakemeover This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This poem sums up my emotions when I write, too!  Only us writers know how powerful and thrilling it can feel.  Very nice.

shadowrider replied...
I know, right!

PaRaNoRmAl627 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
this is sooo beautiful. haunting, eloquent, thought provoking, absolutely stunning. fantastic job :D

Garnet77 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 13, 2011 at 12:30 am
This is incredible! I love the way you led up to the 'black inked words'. You have a wonderful style.

IamtheshyStargirl said...
Lovely :) Don't you just love it when poetry writes itself?

shadowrider replied...
How did you know?! That's exactly what happened with this poem!

IamtheshyStargirl replied...

You said so in the author's comment :)

Did it just end itself as well?

shadowrider replied...
Oh. Right. I feel sooooo stupid right now.  But it actually took me a little bit to think of the ending lines, but probably only about a minute or two. 

IamtheshyStargirl replied...
Haha, don't feel stupid, it's probably been awhile since you wrote the author's comment.

shadowrider replied...
Yeah.... Are you online right now? Want to talk. I have a thread posted for it in the random chat forum. See you there???.....

IamtheshyStargirl replied...
Okeydoke :)

musicispassion said...
i really like this it's beautiful

alex198 said...
Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:14 am
This was really beautiful. The structure really suited the poem, I loved it. Well done :)

Zinaidia said...
It has short lines, but they are all very meaningful, and well written too. Good job, just double check the grammar. Bravo!