Insignificant | Teen Ink

Insignificant

June 19, 2011
By annaelainethewriter BRONZE, Sharpsburg, Georgia
annaelainethewriter BRONZE, Sharpsburg, Georgia
3 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
Live on the edge,
you get a great view of life there.


What's your favorite color?
Is it red or is it blue?
What's your favorite activity?
Is it testing the laws of infinity, or is it recording a video of some unknown entity?
What's your goal in life?
Is it to learn how to make a knife, or is it to save a life?
I apologize for asking you these meaningless questions.
For I know that you do not know me, and I do not know you.
This is the reason for these very random question.
I feel like we need to know each other, and that perhaps even that we are soulmates.
I feel like we have some instant connection, and if I don't know you, then I might as well be dead.
Well, that might have been a bit much for the first conversation we ever had.
Do you regret talking to me?
I don't, because now I know something about you.
You believe in love, because you never denied it once during this entirely awkward conversation.


The author's comments:
I wrote this because I was just thinking about how rare it is that we find the person that were made just to spend the rest of their life with you, and how easy it should be to take that first step, and jump in and ask those meaningless questions that lead up to the big one, " Do you take this person to have and to hold in sickness and in health till death do you part?"