One Minute In Time

Mr.Moore standing tall
helping others
the overpowering sound
of talking
squeaking clarinets
the smell of lunch
lingering
in the
air
creak go the
stands
the cold touch of
metal
on my fingers as
I lift my flute
to my mouth
Whistle!
I've made my first
noise on my flute
at !:30 p.m.
O
who did that?
me, I squeak
Good job?
I changed in that one minute

qui133 said...
free verse poetry--very well done! i like how you incorperate dialoge as well. i remember the moment you write of from when i was in sixthgrade band. i played the oboe, so my first sounds sounded like a dog worrying one of those sueaky duck toys, but i was surrounded by flutes for most of the time so i still got to enjoy that wonderful instrument.

musicispassion replied...
I <3 flute and this happened in my sixth grade year to

qui133 replied...
Jul. 10, 2011 at 11:44 am
i'd ask what school you went to in hopes we might know eachother, but then i would sound like a stalker as well as a fortun cookie. please don't tell me--go band!

musicispassion replied...
i'm actually still at that school i'm going into eighth grade

qui133 replied...
cool! i'm going into eighth as well! again i feel the urge to revert to forton cookie advice...resisting... failing...AHH! it is too much! you will prosper in eigth grade if you put your past behind you, grasshopper...not that i would know anyhing about that! :)

MidnightFire said...
Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:48 am
I really like how you set the seen so well ...  it makes me feel like i'm actually there, like i'm there about to play the flute for the first time :) nice

musicispassion replied...
thanks so u play anything?

MidnightFire replied...
no ... when i was like 5 my mom made me take guitar lessons but i never practiced and eventually stopped ... one of my sisters now is getting guitar lessons and resently stopped playing sacsophone, my other sister plays piano and the flute

musicispassion replied...
i tries gutar not for me i want to play sax i did a little piano flute is AMAZING :P

Garnet77 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I love your style with poetry! I've always wanted to play the flute, but I never got around to it. Anyway, this seems really realistic, and I can imagine every detail. I love it :)

musicispassion replied...
thanks and if u do try the flute i tink you'll like it it's a beautiful and beautiful sounding instrument it's not heavy and ur arms don't get tired if u get light headed by blowing easily it might not be for u good luck and thanks!!

DoubleN said...
Jul. 7, 2011 at 10:26 am
I play the saxophone, and this totally reminded me of what it was like that first time i played! great job, i love the simplicity of the poem!

musicispassion replied...
i really want to play the sax and a bunch of other intsruments

DoubleN replied...
not to play favorites or anything, but the saxophone is amazing ;) haha, a lot of my friends play the flute, so that's a good instrument, too! i'm re-learning how to play the clarinet and also how to play the trumpet this year, too.

musicispassion replied...
i want to learn how to the sax,clarinet, bass flute,cello, and i did a little piano i can also play the piccolo and I want to take singing lessons my parents want to know where I'm going to get the money it upsets me because they think i don't takae my music seriously and i won't stick to any grrrrrrr!!!

DoubleN replied...
yeah, i get what you mean. i'm a junior, and it took my parents a long time to realize that i actually am pretty serious about music. they only let me start band because we have instruments. i play my two uncles' tenors, my great grandfather had a silver clarinet i'm using, and my brother played the trumpet for a few years and is giving up (which we all expected) so i get the trumpet now. i'm sure your parents will understand, though! and if it comes down to it, you can always self-teach yoursel... (more »)

musicispassion replied...
i'm in band to except i'm going into eigth grade we don't have the instruments i want at home so we have to rent and that costs money i ask for this stuff for my b day and i get no's :(

DoubleN replied...
i'm not sure about your high school, but i go to a pretty small one, and there are still a lot more options at that level. i know my friend (who plays the alto sax) is interested in drum corps stuff, and that's a LOT of brass (i'm no expert, but i'm pretty sure there aren't any saxophones in drum corps) so she's learning how to play the mellophone (the marching french horn, pretty much) and she's using the school's. two friends of mine who play flute had to learn a secondary instrument this past... (more »)

musicispassion replied...
the high school i'm going to attend is super small but it doesn't have a band sooooo I'm going to try to get a band there i am a directors fav. Are you a boy or a girl?

DoubleN replied...
the high school doesn't have a band!? that's crazy! good luck with that; i hope it all works out! i am a girl :)