Happier Without Me.

I used to be scared that you were happier without me. You would smile in all of your new pictures you posted, and it made me realize I don't smile at all. You used happy faces in all of your status updates. I realized I hadn't used a happy face in over a month. When I saw you at the local coffee joint, my heart sank because you ordered the same thing you always did. After I had ordered it before you. You did a double take and then smiled at me after you realized who I was. I went blond for you. The next night, I realized you were good at pretending. When you showed up at my doorstep with a big, yellow sunflower and tears in your eyes, I realized you missed me as much as I missed you. And you said you were terrified that I was happier without you.

Edithx3 said...
Jul. 7, 2011 at 1:26 pm:
That was amazing! :) :)

letmekeepthis said...
Jul. 6, 2011 at 2:30 pm:
This is really good. I love how you can say so much in just a paragraph! Definitely keep writing, narrative poems like this ar emy favorites.(:

pics-with-no-paintThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 6, 2011 at 8:14 am:
This is really pretty. I like a poem written like a story. Lyrical.

Ali936 said...
Jul. 5, 2011 at 11:04 pm:
Good job! It's very good! Keep writing!

.BeautifulDisaster. replied...
Jul. 5, 2011 at 11:34 pm :
Thank you so much:)

trang_orange This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 5, 2011 at 8:14 pm:
I LOVE it!! :'D

.BeautifulDisaster. replied...
Jul. 5, 2011 at 11:34 pm :
Thank you!:)

Keasbey replied...
Jul. 5, 2011 at 11:41 pm :
Brenna it's great :)