Happier Without Me. | Teen Ink

Happier Without Me.

By .BeautifulDisaster. SILVER, Whittier, California
.BeautifulDisaster. SILVER, Whittier, California

"And in that moment, I swear we were infinite." -The Perks of Being a Wallflower

I used to be scared that you were happier without me. You would smile in all of your new pictures you posted, and it made me realize I don't smile at all. You used happy faces in all of your status updates. I realized I hadn't used a happy face in over a month. When I saw you at the local coffee joint, my heart sank because you ordered the same thing you always did. After I had ordered it before you. You did a double take and then smiled at me after you realized who I was. I went blond for you. The next night, I realized you were good at pretending. When you showed up at my doorstep with a big, yellow sunflower and tears in your eyes, I realized you missed me as much as I missed you. And you said you were terrified that I was happier without you.

I'm really not happier without you like you might think I am.

dreamingwitheyesopen, Houston, Texas

Happiness is when what you think, what you say and what you do are in harmony" -Mahatma Gandhi

That was amazing! :) :)

letmekeepthis GOLD, Mount Juliet, Tennessee

"whats past is prologue" - shakespeare

This is really good. I love how you can say so much in just a paragraph! Definitely keep writing, narrative poems like this ar emy favorites.(:

on Jul. 6 2011 at 8:14 am
youaretheinkandlifeisthepaper BRONZE, Houston, Texas

"I want to unfold. I do not want to be folded anywhere, because there, where I am folded, I am a lie." Maggie Stiefvater

This is really pretty. I like a poem written like a story. Lyrical.

Keasbey GOLD said...
Keasbey GOLD, La Habra Heights, California

"I will no longer pray on my knees, to a god who's left me so many times. I will no longer pray on my knees, to a god who won't answer my call."

Brenna it's great :)

Thank you!:)

Thank you so much:)

AliLinnS GOLD said...
AliLinnS GOLD, Heislerville, New Jersey

"I love you, sweet Kate. And I'm truly sorry about this. I do feel...everything." -Casanova
Kiss The Girls by James Patterson

Good job! It's very good! Keep writing!

trangh_64 PLATINUM, Dallas, Texas

"No matter how sad or mad I am, deep down in my heart, my only wish is for you to be happy." -Trang

I LOVE it!! :'D