A Hopeful Soul

I hate that I let people get to me. I hate that I always try to please everyone. I hate that I give people what they don’t deserve. I hate that I’m so insecure. I hate my need to be liked and accepted. I hate that I plan so much for the future. I hate that I eat so much junk food. I hate that I can’t focus. I hate that I procrastinate. I hate how much I check facebook. I hate that I always look at the negative side of things. I hate that I care what other people think. I hate that I am a quitter. I hate how easily I lose things. I hate how unorganized I am. I hate that everyone in my life is changing. I hate that I don’t know what I want.
I look in the mirror. What do I see? I face. A face that is lost. Blank expression, think lips, pale skin, big nose, wrinkles from worry, thick eyebrows. And big brown eyes. Intense. Deep. Dark. Mysterious. Shining. I peer a little closer. I look straight at mysel. Into my eyes. Behind all the discomfort, pain, confusion, and uncertainty, I see the light. A glimmer. A bright glow. I see hope. I see possibility. I see a small but powerful glimmer of hope, working its way to break through.