We Have a Voice This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

We have a voice.
A voice to be heard,
A voice to be listened to,
A voice to be reckoned with.

We have a voice.
So don’t tell us to wait for your approval.
Don’t tell us to let the “adults handle it”.
Don’t put us down.
And don’t try to silence us,
Because we will be heard.

We have a voice,
Each and every one of us.
Each child and teenager,
Has a voice.

With that voice we have the power to unite,
To lead,
Or to follow,
As is our choice.
To change the world,
For better and for good.

Alone we are a voice,
A splash of color on a blank canvas.
Together we are a movement,
A picture painted in technicolor.

You have a voice.
Every child and teenager out there,
Hear my call.
You have a voice.
Don’t let it be silenced.
Dare to speak out and be heard.

You have a voice.
Use it.

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 20, 2013 at 5:33 pm:
I'll say it again to you PREACH AND TESTIFY! I wholly agree with everything said here. "Alone we are a voice,/A splash of color on a blank canvas"—I love these lines—and jealous too. 5 stars!

SecretFlameThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:35 pm :
Thank you!!!

somerandomperson said...
Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:02 pm:
i love how you say we have a voice it feels like youre speaking out  for those who are silenced

Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:35 pm :
I'm glad you liked it!

alligator6 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
great poem! i love how you used 'we have a voice' to bring the whole thing together. well done

youngspeare said...
So relatable, so amazing! Great job! :)

Dec. 20, 2011 at 1:47 pm :

Thank you

Love.Hate.Passion. said...
Like I have said before , this is a moving piece that makes me emotional. It was great to read it again. Great job!

MagicMan2011 said...
Sounds a lot like the hippy movement. THis is a pretty good rallying speech to good job.

BreeTayler This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
wow, it's very powerful for such an adolescent message! exceedingly so! while reading I wanted to throw my hands up in fists and scream "YEA!" ... truely excellent.

shadowriderThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Aug. 15, 2011 at 5:11 pm :
Thank you!!!!

SeanzahAngel said...
Aug. 11, 2011 at 1:01 am:
I quite like how literal you are. :)

I like how truthful it is. I hate how parents are the ones viewed as the wise, as the people who know the most. While that may be true for some of them, most of them know nothing about life these days.

I really liked it. 5 stars and a favorite. :)

Aug. 11, 2011 at 11:27 am :
Thank You!!!!!!!!!

Love.Hate.Passion. said...

Inspirational and beautiful :)

It brought tears to my eyes .

Aug. 6, 2011 at 11:40 am :
Thank you so much! I'm so happy it touched you!

kat2.0 said...
Aug. 5, 2011 at 6:12 am:
Also if you would look at one poems that would awesome

Aug. 5, 2011 at 1:44 pm :
Sure!           

kat2.0 said...
Aug. 5, 2011 at 6:10 am:
I agree and I think this was written perfectly

Aug. 5, 2011 at 1:44 pm :
Thank you!

ConqueringFears said...
Jul. 24, 2011 at 8:29 pm:

To say that so many teens, children, are tired of it all - the neglect, the silence - is an understatement. Truth is, we are exhausted. Pained. And whether adults, 'oh so wise,' will listen, we must speak out. Scream, yell, thrash, cry, tell the world what you can! Adults, while many of them have wisdom and sense, so do we. And they underestimate us. No, we must get in their face and tell them: we are hear. Listen. I will be silenced no longer.

I bet whoever reads this will be i... (more »)